04. clubs

in which there's even more talking.

    "WHAT DO YOU say we close that door." Finn stands up from his seat and walks over to the railing and sits on it.

    "We can't have any kind of party with Skarsgard checking us out every few seconds."

    "Well, you know the door's s'posed to be open..." Jeremy says. Finn glares at him, then at Jack, then at Wyatt and scoffs.

    "So what? You losers can't handle that?"

    "So why don't you shut up!" Chosen yells. "There's six other people in here y'know.."

    "God, you can count. See! I knew you had to be smart to be a.. a wrestler."

    "Who are you to judge anybody anyway?" Chosen asks Finn. Sophia nods.

    "Really."

    "You know, Wolfhard... you don't even count." Chosen continues. "I mean if you disappeared forever, it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist at this school."

    Wyatt furrows his brows and clears his throat to get Chosen's attention. Chosen turns around.

    "Don't you think that's a little bit too far?" Wyatt asks with Jack nodding behind him. Chosen shrugs.

    "Wouldn't you agree?"

    "Well," Finn finally says after a moment of hurt, though playing it out to be okay, "I'll just run out and join the wrestling team!"

    Chosen and Sophia exchange looks with one another and laugh.

    Finn looks at Sophia in particular. "Maybe the prep club too! Student council..."

    "No, they wouldn't take you." Chosen says.

    "I'm hurt."

     "You know why guys like you knock everything..." Sophia begins. Finn rolls his head back and groans.

    "Oh this should be interesting."

    "It's 'cause you're afraid." She finishes.

    "Oh god!" He exclaims with fake enthusiasm. "You ritchies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities!"

    "You're a big coward." Sophia says.

    Jeremy starts to feel left out and then thinks of the clubs he's active in. Meanwhile, Jack and Wyatt are busy watching Chosen, Sophia and Finn argue with each other.

    Though, Jack had been too busy worrying about Skarsgard coming in and giving them another detention to even notice what was going on.

     "I'm in the math club." Jeremy mumbles to himself. Wyatt looks over at him.

    "Oh yeah?" He asks, interested. He grips the back of his chair. "What do you have to do to be in that?"