14: Interrogation

S T A C E Y

"Are you sure you didn't see the person who shot him?"

I shake my head, "I only heard a shot and saw a glimpse of brown hair"

The police officer nods, "Thank you, you may go now"

I get up from the seat and walk out of the office, letting out a breath. It's been 2 days since Alex got shot and all I've been getting was interrogated. Every time I go near him or enter the hospital.

I rub my temples and pull out my phone, texting Leslie. I haven't seen her in a while and I could use much needed girl time.

After a few minutes of waiting I hear the familiar voice of Leslie and the honk of a car.

I quickly get in and she knows where I want to go. We stop in front of an old cafe that I loved since I was little.

We order drinks then find an empty booth to sit at. Leslie catches my hand, "You must be tired" she gives me a sad smile.

"I am and annoyed. I don't why they keep questioning me like I did something wrong"

She gives me a side hug, "Hey, how about we have a girls day. Just the two of us"

"That sounds nice" I mumble, "As long as I don't have to wear a dress" I add with a small laugh.

"Deal" she grins.

*

Leslie started to plan out our girls day tomorrow as I went to go visit Alex.

As I walk into his room I see that he's sleeping. I walk up to his bed and sit in the chair by it.

I grab his hand and run my other one through his hair gently, "I'm glad you're okay" I whisper with a small smile.

"I'm glad too" he whispers and I jump back. He slowly opens his eyes as I try to regain my breathing.

"You little shit! You scared me!"

"I'm the best shit you ever seen though" he laughs.

I roll my eyes, "I've seen better"

His expression drops and I bite my lip to prevent myself from laughing.

"I'm kidding" I intertwine our hands.

"I hate being here, its so white and their food has no flavor"

"You're getting out tomorrow?" I try to bring his spirits up.

"Yeah" he looks away.

I squeeze his hand, "We can do something next week, just the two of us"

He gives me a tiny smile, "Next week"

*

"Okay, the first thing in the agenda is the movies!" Leslie grins

"Yay" I deadpan, "What are we watching?"

"Spider-Man: Far From Home"