We'll keep our light on in the haze

We'll keep our lights on in the haze-

Why did I trust Frank so much with this? He was different than anyone I knew. Special in a way almost. He gave off a vibe that told you he'd listen to you with open arms. I told him everything and anything. Frank listened like no one else ever did.

He smiled and gave me an unexpected hug. I hugged him back. He didn't say anything. Just held me to his tiny body. I even cried. I never cried, but tonight, I cried with Frank holding me.

He pulled away to see my face, "If they ever hurt you, come find me and I will always listen."

That's all he said before he got up and left.

-The next day-

I sat in my room listening to 'Still Swinging'. Each time it played I'd sing along louder and louder. My mom eventually heard me and came to shut me up. Her eyes blazed with fury. I simply didn't care anymore. I kept singing along as she shouted for me to stop.

"WE'LL KEEP OUR LIGHTS ON IN THE HAZE-" I screamed.

"SHUT THAT OFF AND SHUT UP!" My mother screamed.

I kept singing the song, each time louder. Each time my mother got even more mad.

"WE ARE THE ONE STILL SWINGIN!" I sang.

That's when she hit me. Her ring cut my cheek and let out a small trickle of blood. My eyes closed and she stood there fuming. I stayed there until she left. I got up and climbed out the window and went to my place.

Frank was there almost as if he knew I was coming.

"Gerard!" He ran and hugged me.

I hugged him back, "Uh hi, Frank."

He pulled away, "they hurt you...?" He saw my cheek that was bleeding.

"Yeah, I'm fine though."

"No, if they hurt you like this then you shouldn't have to hide. Stay with me. Ill never hurt you, please?" He begged.

I was shocked at his begging for me to leave my home, "Uh. F-frank...I cant. They'll Bert me more if I leave."

"They wont. I wont let them, I promise."

"I-I cant."

"Please?" Frank begged once more before I caved in.

"Fine. Tomorrow I'll leave to come live with you. Meet me here tomorrow night and I'll be here."

Frank smiled triumphantly, kissed my cheek and walked away, whispering, "we are the ones still swinging..."