Chapter Nine: The Beach Trip

I walk into school, and a loud cheer booms.

"You saved our life!" someone shouts.

"You're awesome!"

"Marry me!" a scrawny kid, with big glasses and loads of books, shouts. I walk over to Chase.

"Why is everyone acting weird?" I whisper to him.

"Because they missed you?" he replies.

"Hey baby!" Alyssa screams. Before I know it, she's hugging me. "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" she screams, squishing me.

"You just saw me last night!" I yell, pulling away.

"So?" She kisses my cheek and I wipe her spit off.

"Ew." She flips me off and heads towards the cafe.

"Hey, Coral, can I uh, talk to you?" Sam asks, walking up. He looks nervous. I nod.

"I'll be right back, kay, Chase?" he nods and starts talking to one of his friends. I walk with Sam. I nervously pull at my shirt: it's gray and it has a giant heart and it says "It's Friday, I'm in love." and it goes past my hips. My light blue jeans and sparkley silver flats seem to collide with the gray. Oh well.

"What do you want?" I ask, crossing my arms. I lean against the wall.

"You." I scoff.

"Not gonna happen. You cheated, Sam! Then you joined Morgan's band!"

"She told me you kicked me out of the Band, and I was told you made out with Chase."

"Not while we dated. It happened after, actually. Wait, did you cheat because you thought I did?"

"Yes, and it killed me. Will you give me another chance?"

"I'll think about it." I push myself off the wall and walk to Chase. I tell him what happened. He yells at me.

"You want him more? Fine!"

"I want you, though! I just wasnt ready!" I throw my hands up in exhasperation.

"You had no problem making out with me!"

"I thought I was ready! Jesus, you're impossible!" I walk away.

"Are we done then!?" He calls out to me.

"Yes, we are!" I snap. I walk to a gaping Alyssa. She heard and saw it all.

"We are ditching school." she delcares as the bell rings. My eyes go wide. I've never ditched school. She yanks me and drags me out of the school. I throw her my keys and she drives us to a beach three hours away. She pulls into a store while I sleep and I wake up as she throws something on my lap. It's a black bikini with neon paint splattered on it. And it's my size.

"How much do I owe you?" I yawn.

"Nothing. I stole your wallet."

"Okay." I yawn again. She puts towels over the windows and she starts taking off her shirt. Her bra is black with red lace. "Nice bra!" I exclaim.

"It better be! It cost me seventy effing bucks!"

"No!" she nods and I take off my shirt-my bra is boring and white.

"Boring bra." she giggles. I stick my tongue out and then we silenty change into our tops. I unzip my jeans and struggle to get them off- it's hard to strip in a car!

I finally manage to get them off and my undies are white thongs with the word 'love' all over it.

"Nice thongs." I roll my eyes and put a blanket in front of me, which she holds while I take them off and put on the bottoms. I take the blanket and hold it for her.