Chapter Two: Secrets about my Dad

The next time I open my eyes, I scream and fall off of my bed in shock. Morgan's face is barely an inch from mine.

"Jesus Christ, Morgan! What the hell!"

"Time to wake up!" she giggles.

"I thought you had to go home?"

"Mom texted your mom and asked if I could stay here until Tuesday. I guess she has work."

"Sweet!" I exclaim.

"I know! The fact I'm staying here three days is epic!"

"I was talking about my hangover being gone."

"Oh.."

"Kidding! What time is it?"

"Um," she takes out her sexy IPhone, "Five."

"I slept all day!?"

"That is what happens when you have a hangover.." I shove her off of my bed and walk into my closet. I strip and change into gray sweat pants and a white tee shirt (i put a white bra on. Nothing looks more trashy than a chick wearing a white tanktop and a black bra.) I start walking out of my closet and I hear talking..

"She's so excited! Yeah! She's been crushing on you all year!" I haul behind out of my closet and tackle Morgan, snatching my phone.

"Hello?" I say, holding Morgan away from me.

"Coral? It's Brett."

"Hey!"

"Is Morgan okay? I heard a big crash.."

"She's fine! OW, MORGAN!" I shove her off the bed as she kicks me.

"Did I call at a bad time?" he asks, amused.

"What makes you say that? Ow, Morgan! Don't punch me in the boob! Ow! It's on!" I tackle her and we wrestle around. I sit on her chest and grab my phone back up.

"Sorry about that! Where were we?"

"No problem. Who won?" he asks.

"Who won, Morgan?" I giggle, knowing I did.

"Me!"

"That's why I'm sitting on your chest, pinning you down?" I giggle again as she flips me off.

"Maybe I should call back later?"

"NO!" I scream it.

"Okay, I wont call back later!"

"Wanna come over and chill with this ho and I?"

"Who are you calling a ho? I wasn't making out with anybody when I was drunk last night..."

"Shut up!" I tell her, blushing.

"Sure, I'll be over soon. I love you."

"Bye." I hang up, not comfortable enough to say it back.

"Why didn't you say it back!?" Morgan yells, as I stand up and help her up.

"We haven't even been dating a day and he's in love with me? He's cute and all, but he seems clingy and pushy. And being in love with someone after a few hours is plain sketchy."

"Good god,  Coral! You're dating the hottest guy in school and you're already getting sick of him!?"

"I never said that!"

"Maybe he's been in love with you for a while?"

"I dunno. Let's forget this convo for now. I sense he is approaching!" I see his car out the window.

"Oooh! Soul Mate senses!" she gushes.

"No," I say, running down the elagant spiral staircase and into the light purple hallway, "Window Senses!"

"Cora-oh!" Mom starts yelling to me when she turns around and sees me. "There's a hottie here for you, Coral."

"I know!" I start running to the door, full speed and when I try to stop... I slide on the newly waxed wooden floor and into the door with a loud thump and land in a heap on the ground. I forgot I have fuzzy socks on.

"Are you okay!" Morgan yells, running to me, laughing. I groan, standing up. My butt hurts, I hit my face and I seriously made a fool out of myself. I open the door.

"I heard a scream and a thump and I was about to break down the door." brett exclaims.

"I forgot I have fuzzy socks on.." I blush.

"You okay?" I shurg, grab his hand and pull him inside. "Your nose is bleeding." My eyes go wide in horror and I run into the bathroom, forgetting about my fuzzy socks again, and slide into a heap under the sink. God damn! Ouch! I think, standing up. I see blood running down my face and I rinse my nose off and hold a piece of toilet paper to it for a  few seconds, then I rinse it again, notice it's done bleeding and I walk out to them.

'Why didn't you tell me!?" I shriek at Morgan.

"I didn't notice," Mom and Morgan leave to get pizza and I start showing brett around.

"Who's this?" he asks, pointing to a picture. It's twenty by twenty, over a fireplace, and it's beautiful. There is a tall, bornw-haired manwearing a tux, staring at my mom, blonde, flawless, in a gold gown, lovingly. He has brown eyes and mom has gray eyes.

"My dad."

"Where is he?" He looks around, as if he expects him to walk out of a doorway and yell at him.

"Dead."

"Oh.. I am so sorry to hear that." I shrug and try to move on, but Brett seems captivated. "What happened to him?" I bite my lip and change the story, slightly.

"They had been trying for a baby forever. Mom found out she was pregnant and called his cell, he was on call at the ER. He was so excited, he rushed home and a  drunk driver hit him and he died in the I.C.U" What really happened was that he was heading to work when mom found me and he made a u-turn, as he was heading to work, and a car hit him. He died in the I.C.U.

"I am so sorry."

"It's fine."

"Maybe I can help you forget him for now.." he whispers, stepping towards me.

"How?" I whisper. He leans in and kisses me. In front of the pic of mom and dad. I don't know how long we kiss.

"Hello!" Mom exclaims, walking in on us. We jump apart, like we are guilty and I look at the ground, blushing. I am kinda thankful, cause my lungs were about to explode. Morgan walks in and looks between Brett and I and bursts out laughing,

"Caught in the act, I see!" She giggles. I flip her off and get scolded by mom.

Hehe, whattya think? I had fun writing this, laughing as I did so. :3