Frenkie de Jong - All I Need Is You

She's pushing the books and notebooksaside in her bag in order to try and find her keys. She's been acomplete mess lately. Her exams somehow always arrive before shecould get ready for them and on the top of it her boyfriend wasswitching countries at the summer. She'd never admit it but it stingsthat he hasn't asked her to go with him. They've been together for 2years, having met right the first day when she moved to the city andyet... Yet, not once it's occurred to him that maybe he could ask herto go with him.

The fact that he hasn't even mentionedthe option of her moving with him left her anxious and doubting theirentire relationship. What if Frenkie thinks once he moves, they'll beover? What if he doesn't even tell her that and she just waits aroundfor him like a fool? What if she goes, spends the summer with him andhe thinks of it as a goodbye vacation?

Her fingers finally brushes over thecold metal piece the moment when the elevator comes to a halt and herface pulled into a grimace. She has time to think about all of thisonce her finals are finally done and dealt with. There's only one isleft to go and then she can mope and wonder as much as she likes.

She pushes the key into the hole andturns it, balancing some of her notebooks that she hasn't put backinto her bag after looking for her keys. She enters her home, lost intrying to keep everything in her hand and doesn't even realize sheisn't alone.

"Hey babe." Frenkie greets her andshe finally looks up, only to be completely dumbstruck.

"Holy cow," she mumbles under herbreath, her gaze wandering around.

"How did your exam go?" He asks,taking her bag, showing the papers and notebooks into it and thewhole thing by the side of the door.

"Good," she says, unable to take inwhat she sees, unable to drag her eyes away, there are too manythings to look at. "What's going on?"

"I have a proposal." He clears histhroat, his cheeks turning slightly red. "And I just need you tolisten to me, please before you say no."

"I don't even know what you want,"she says, chewing on her bottom lip. She doesn't know for sure butshe has a pretty good idea judging by what he's done to herapartment.

"I'd like to ask you to come toBarcelona with me," he says but before she could say a single word,he goes on. "But wait... Before you say anything, please, let mejust present my case."

"Present your case?" She cacklesquietly, looking at him quizzically. They're watching too many lawshows.

"Yes, starting with the macarons."He points at the wall sized colourful poster behind him. "I herebypromise to get you fresh macaron every single day, from Rosichbecause apparently, they have the best, most delicious ones all overEurope."

"I'm not sure if all that sugar woulddo good for me everyday." She giggles but he ignores her.

"Moving on..." He continues,stepping to the next poster that pictured the busy main street of thecity. "...we could have long walks on the Las Ramblas with ourdog..."

"We will have a dog?" Her eyeswidened. She thought he didn't want her to move with him and nowthey're talking about having a dog together.

"Yes, that is another point, don'trun ahead of ourself," he says with a serious tone and she can telljust how nervous he is. He keeps rubbing her palms against histhighs, wiping sweat off, his cheeks are blushing red and then goingpale, switching between the two constantly. "So we can walk on LasRamblas or what you'll love even more..." He takes a step to theright and reveals a new poster. "Barrio Gotico, the gothic quarterof Barcelona's medieval city. There are of of course green partsyou'll admire, like the Laberint d'Horta Park or any other greenplace where you can just get lost in your books. We can find yourfavourite spot together because you will need it..."

"Frenkie –"

"Please, just let me finish." Herepeats and whilst all she wants to do is jump in his neck and tellhim nothing would make her happier than to move with him, his soadamant on going through the entire thing he did for her that shebites her tongue and nods for him to go on. "It'll be neededbecause you can do the last year at the University of Barcelona. Yes,I checked and they have everything in English as well and if youdecide that you'd like to get your Master, that's okay, too becausethey have the courses for that as well."

"You checked the courses for me?"She asks shocked, her voice shaking slightly. He's really outdonehimself this time. She did check, too but she didn't think he'dbother or even think about it in the middle of his transfer saga.

"Of course!" He nods, clearlyslightly offended that she thought he wouldn't. "Anyways." Herubs the back of his neck and takes another step backwards, revealingthe next photo. "This is me, moving without you." He's pouting onthe picture, lips pushed out, eyes widened. He looks adorable, like alittle boy who was banned from sweets. "And yes, this is emotionalblackmailing but I'll use whatever I can because I don't want to bethis sad..." He moves on, letting her take a look at the next photowhere he's grinning with a puppy in his arms. "I want to be thishappy and that will only happen if you're with me." She swallowshard so she wouldn't start crying. How could she even think hewouldn't want her to be with him? "I haven't asked before because Iknow how important your studies are and how much you love living hereand I wanted to make sure that I can give you alternatives foreverything that you have here –"

"Yes," she blurts out, cutting himoff, unable to hold it back anymore. "Of course I want to go withyou." Tears roll down her face as she jumps into his neck and hugshim tightly. Even if he didn't do do this, she'd want to go with himbut all the effort, the thoughtfulness, how he brought Barcelona intoher home just to show how they could live was beyond adorable.

"For real?" He asks, burying hisface into the crook of her neck before he pulls back to look at her."Are you sure?"

"All I need is you, Frenkie, the restwe'll sort out on the way." She nods, kissing him hard on the lips.As scary as it is, she couldn't wait for the new part of their livesto start, a new chapter that's going to be challenging but he's worthall of it.