chapter nine: The Gate (p1)

Warning: this is a long one. (That's what she said)
*(Y/N) POV:*

"Eleven," Mike said walking towards her.

"Mike," El said hugging him. It was so cute, it was obvious they missed each other and they had something going on.

"Is that..." Max asked Lucas, to which he nodded 'yes'.

"I never gave up on you," Mike said (are you sure about that?) "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days. I heard," Eleven said.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike asked her. "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her," Hopper jumped in. Shit is about to go down, I thought.

Hopper and El hugged and then Mike and Hopper went into a room and started arguing, everyone could hear the yelling. I ignored it and ran to El, hugging her even though we weren't that close. Then the other boys came and hugged her too.

"We missed you," Lucas said.

"I missed you, too," El said back. Then she pointed out Dustin's teeth.

"Eleven?" Max walked up to her and El did not look impressed, "Hey. Um I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you," she let out her hand for El to shake it, but she just walked past her.

Joyce told me and El to both follow her and I saw the 'close gate' message and so did El. We looked at each other and I put my hair up/wiped off the foundation and she saw my number.

"Wait, you have a number, too?" El asked me confused.

I nodded my head and said, "I saw the gate, and I know you did too."

"You have a number?!?" Joyce asked me in shock.

"Yeah, I got it when I was a kid, went missing and turned up with this thing. I have powers too but I don't use them," I shrugged and pointed to my neck.

We went back to the living room where we saw everyone gathered around Hopper and the table.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown," Hopper sighed, "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs," Dustin corrected him.

"I'm sorry, what?" Hopper looked at the boy.

"I said, uh, demo-dogs. Like Demogorgan and dogs.  You let them together it sound pretty badass—" Hopper cur him off.

"How is this important right now?" He asked rhetorically.

"It's not, I'm sorry," the young teen apologized.

"We can do it," El said looking at me, I nodded my head. Everyone looked at me like 'wait, what' and I showed them the number on my neck.

"You're not hearing me," hopper said.

"I'm hearing you," El said.

"We can do it," I finally spoke up.

"Even if they can there's still another problem," Mike started, then he talked about how if we close the gate and kill the army, we'd also be killing Will too.

"Yeah, um, any other plans?" I chipped in.

"He likes it cold," Joyce said to me.

"What?" I asked.

"He said that he likes it cold, that's what Will was saying to me," Joyce came up with a plan. Everyone started to spring into action getting ready and leaving and El and Mike were talking, so I finally decided to talk to Steve, again.