chapter five: the flayed

Y/n's POV:

We were all screaming as it quickly became apparent that the room was not just any room, but it was an elevator. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" Dustin yelled.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve screamed.

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin yelled from her place, still keeping me secure in her arms. 

"Why don't these buttons work?" Dustin screeched.

"Maybe the Russians don't know how to design elevators I don't know?" I shouted.

"Just press the button!" Erica yelled.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Dustin argued. The fall came to an end and we all fell, me falling right on Robin and apologizing. 

"My groin! My groin," Steve groaned, "Dustin, get this thing off of me!"

"Is everyone okay?" Robin asked, "Are you okay?" she turned to me and I nodded, helping her up. 

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know Russians can't design elevators!" Steve shouted. They all argued again and the nausea started to subside. I still had to take deep breaths but it wasn't as bad as before.

"Just so you're all aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me," She looked at all of us, "But if I'm not home for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throats."

"I don't care about Tina! Or Uncle Jack's party! Your mom's not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve pushed his hair back. Hot. I mean. What

"Hey," Dustin pointed upward, "what if we climbed out?"

Dustin and Steve got onto the top of the elevator and I took that chance to rush over to a random box and throw up into it. 

Erica looked over at me, "Is she good?"

"Uh, motion sickness, maybe?" Robin answered. 

"Sorry, I just haven't been feeling the best lately," I gave a weak smile to Erica, which she returned back to me.

"Well, I hope you feel better," she paused, "because I will be expecting that ice cream when this is all over." 

"I should be okay to scoop some ice cream by then," I laughed slightly. Robin, Erica, and I made conversation about random ice cream flavors and different combinations of things we would try when I heard trickling and looked over to see a stream of pee left on one of the concrete walls outside of the elevator.

"Is Steve actually taking a piss?" I question aloud. 

"Ugh," Robin grimaces and looks away. That's when we both hear metal banging and look over to see Erica banging the radioactive thing against some metal, attempting to break it.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Robin told her to be careful.

"We don't even know what that is," Robin stated.

"Exactly, it could be useful," Erica said.

"Or deadly," I pointed out.

"How could it be useful?" Robin asked.

"We can survive down here without food for a very long time, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die," Erica explained. I nodded, it made sense, but that liquid was not water.

"I hate to break it to you, but that is not water," I told her.

"No, but it's a liquid," She tried to reason, "and if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink." Robin scoffed as I ran to the door with her following as we heard whirring outside of the door. I looked over to Robin with wide eyes. Shit.