Chapter 8

Finally another update ... I am so terribly sorry it took so long. Next update should be a double update. Anyway, enjoy :3

I pack the last of the food into the basket, acutely aware of Kaiden's eyes on me. He's sitting in front of me, munching on toast and scrambled eggs. I know everyone is still outside because I'd checked and asked them if they wanted to start walking, Kaiden and I will catch up. Nicolas was the only one that seemed a little suspicious but went with Ashar and Michell anyway.

"So we're completely alone now," Kaiden smirks.

"Don't get any ideas," I give him a serious look.

He raises his hands defensively, the smirk growing wider.

"By the way," I say as I walk passed him to the back door to put the basket there. "You're carrying this."

"What?" Kaiden gapes at me. "Fuck off, I'm a guest."

"Yeah, but you're also a bitch, so," I draw out the last word. "You're carrying the basket."

He glowers at me. "What makes you so sure I will?" He snaps.

I saunter over to him and place my hands on his thighs, my face dangerously close to his. I can see the struggle in his eyes and my lips lightly brush his. I give him a sultry look and batter my eyelashes.

"Because I'm the one asking you to," I say in a low, seductive voice.

Kaiden shivers and leans forward, but I quickly pull away. I laugh at the expression on his face, and with a growl he leaps at me. We fall to the floor in a heap, laughing, and Kaiden starts kissing me all over.

"I'm not changing my mind!" I squeal as his lips tickle my neck.

"I'm not trying to make you," he mutters, and shivers run down my spine. "This is one of those ideas I wasn't allowed to have."

"Sick bastard," I growl.

His lips run over my cheekbones and then to the bridge of my nose. "I love how I affect you," he says in a teasing voice. Again I shiver. "And if this is what my lips can do -"

"Don't," I give him a frightened look.

Kaiden stares at me for a while, his eyes calculating. "You're not very experienced, are you?" He asks.

"Now when you say experienced, you mean ...?" I raise an eyebrow.

His hands run up and down my body, and then travel dangerously close to below my waist. I can't help the fear that floods my eyes and his hands rest either side of my head. He gives me a look that answers my question.

"You're not experienced," he says, and rolls off me. He gets up and walks over to the basket. Picking it up, he opens the back door and turns to me. "You're allowed to get up you know."

"Wait ... is that it?" I ask, jumping to my feet.

"Is what it?" He asks.

I follow him outside and lock the door, stashing the spare key under the flower pot I've carried with me since the first house we lived in. I was only five when we moved, and took the flower pot with me everywhere I went. Every time we moved, I'd bring it with me. It was always placed out the back, beside the back door, and guards our spare keys. The flowers are snap dragons.

"Is that all the trying there is?" I give Kaiden an accusing look.

"No, of course not. I just didn't know you're a virgin," he blushes.

"What's wrong with being a virgin? Lots of girls at seventeen are virgins," I growl.

"Yes, but a lot of seventeen year old girls aren't," he glances at me. "And nothing is wrong with being a virgin. I'm not, that's all."