Epilogue

-Michael's point of view-

Today I turned nineteen. So much had happened in my short little life, and I was extremely thankful for that. And also excited about what was to come next.

However, I wasn't as happy as I could be. Luke and I officially broke up only four weeks ago, and ended on bad terms. Since then, I avoided all social contact. With family, friends - also known as Calum and Ashton - and especially Luke. Not that I didn't mind being alone, it's just I felt myself ever so slowly growing crazy.

It's routine to have a birthday party however, and since this was a good excuse to actually talk to someone, and let's not forget about receiving presents, I decided to invite my band members to my rented out apartment of two months. One month being all mine since Luke moved out.

"Happy birthday, Michael." Calum greeted with Ashton behind him. They both held semi-large wrapped boxes, to my excitement. In turn they both hugged me and walked into my, unsurprisingly messy, apartment.

"Thank you, guys. Is Luke coming?"

They both frowned, knowing the entire story of our break-up. "He should be, but he might be late."

I nodded as I was slightly disappointed about his dilatory. Since the band arrived back in Australia after London, we were awarded a long break of three months. We were now two and a half months into it, meaning band practice would start soon. But how would we practice if we were still on such terrible terms? Ashton and Calum were fine - they're still close with Luke and me, and without knowing better, I could swear they had something going on between each other. I knew of their kiss at the airport, having been the one who triggered it, but nothing more. And maybe a factor to that reason was because I never bothered finding it out. "Well, let's get this party started."

**

The evening started out quite awkward, none of us knowing what to do since I never planned anything. We ended up sitting in a circle of three, music playing softly in the background, and an empty bottle between us.

"Spin the bottle." Ashton said, "whoever it lands on must either do a dare or truth, you know the rules." This was such a cliché party game, however it was better than sitting in uncomfortable silence. I spun the bottle, and it landed on Calum. "Truth or dare?" Ashton said, smirking.

Without a second's hesitation, Calum replied. "Dare."

"Okay," Ashton stroked his imaginary beard. It was obvious he was slightly tipsy. "Make out with someone in this room for five seconds."

"Easy," Calum said. He moved to his left, so he was pressed up against Ashton, then attatched his lips to the boy. I turned around not wanting to get turned on by this.

After five agonising seconds, Calum finally parted away from Ashton. They both breathed heavily, making it slightly awkward for me, but I managed to brush it off. "Okay, nice move, Cal." I scratched the back of my neck, unaware of what to do.

"Jealous?" Ashton smirked. Nothing changes.

"Pfft. Of course." I sent a wink towards Calum. Before he could sass me back, a knock was heard on my door. Knowing there was only one possible person who would turn up at my door, my heart stopped. "It's open."

Luke walked in, truthfully looking better than I had ever seen him with his new summer tan, and held a tiny wrapped gift. He smiled awkwardly and avoided eye contact with me. "Happy birthday, Michael."

Nodding, I faked a smile. "Thanks." Silence fell on the room again, along with thick tension. "We're playing truth or dare, you can join-"

Wanting to skip this awkwardness, Luke quickly jumped next to me on the floor of my living room. He smiled towards Calum and Ashton, who sympathetically looked towards me. "What did I miss?"