Chapter Twenty-two

-Michael's point of view-

As the four of us sat naked on the floor of the backstage lounge room, I was forced to decide on which boy my favourite was. Before it was all down to just being themselves, but now I've been told I'll get humiliated by that person, I have no choice but to rethink everything: who would let me off the easiest?

Of course it wouldn't be Ashton. He would jump at the chance of throwing me off a cliff at this point. Calum? It seems as though he came up with the idea of humiliating me; this leaves it to Luke. Luke's harmless. Plus, he's amazing in the bedroom. It has to be him.

"Luke." I said.

The three boys, who were still laying on me naked, looked up towards me confused. "What about him?" Calum said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I choose Luke." I rolled my eyes, not making any effort to move off the boys. Unfortunately, they thought differently and ended up wiggling away from me. Calum and Ashton stood up, beginning to gather their clothes, whereas Luke just sat on the floor and stared at me helplessly.

"What?" Luke said, still confused.

I pulled myself up onto my hands and knees, then crawled back towards Luke and smiled. "After all we've been through, you have always been there for me. The last few weeks have been stressful, but I don't think I've come across anyone more forgiving and kind as you, Luke. I know now I'm head over heels for you, so will you please say yes to what I'm about to ask you?" I paused, then took his right hand in mine. "Will you be my only boyfriend?"

Luke half-smiled, but then went back to frowning once Ashton started clapping. Clapping. "Round of applause for Michael. Who knew he could actually be romantic?" Ashton laughed, continuing to clap teasingly slow, as if he were some evil guy in a movie.

"Excuse me?" I said, letting go of Luke's hand. Luke opened his mouth as if to protest, but stopped himself.

"Come on, Michael. It was pretty obvious to Cal and me you would choose him. What's the point in trying to impress everyone by doing all that sentimental crap?"

Ashton was now standing on the far side of the room in only his skinny jeans and socks. He had an amused expression on his face - but his eyes said differently. "Stop being a jealous shit and make out with someone else for all I care. You of all people wanted me to stop fucking more than one person, so why is it so hard to face now?" I picked up my boxers and slid them on, followed by my jeans.

Ashton glared at me, then walked over towards where I now stood, looking as if he were about to hit me again. When Calum stopped him I was a little disappointed, but I would never admit to that. "Jealous?" Ashton laughed, "what the hell makes you think I'd be jealous of a prick like you?"

"Let me think... Oh, right. You can't stand the fact little Luke gets to have more fun with me than you ever did."

"Hey, I'm not little." Luke interrupted.

"Please," Ashton scoffed, "you think getting fucked around with is fun? You need a dictionary mate."

At his words, I lunged forward to hit Ashton, but was stopped by Luke's surprisingly strong arms. "Shut up, you two. This band is like my family and it hurts to see you guys fighting like this. I know it's all Michael's fault-"

"That's an understatement." Ashton interrupted Luke.

"But, family forgive each other right?" Luke finished.

"For cheating on each other?" Calum said, now fully clothed.

Ashton laughed at what Calum said. "Everything's messed up, thanks Michael." Ashton glared at me one last time before storming out of the room and slamming the door behind him.

Once he left, an unwelcoming silence filled the room and I felt two pairs of eyes on me. Ashton was right, as much as I hated to admit it.

**

When Calum and Luke left the room after being called by management, I decided I didn't want to face everyone again when going back to the hotel. So I went back to the bar. Just as they said, the group of men from last time where there in their usual spot.

After buying another light beer, I approached them. "Hello. Do you recognise me?"

"Mum?" One of them said, making the rest of them laugh.

"Close. I'm Michael."

The evening went by fairly quickly, as we came up with a plan on how to get my band members to forgive me. It was three in the morning when I left, ready to face my reality, and consequently, my fate.

After hours of drinking, it was safe to say I was a little wasted. But who cares? No one. Despite having a key of my own to enter the hotel room, I knocked on the door.

No answer.

"Open up," I slurred, growing frustrated. "It's me."

Finally, after a few seconds, Ashton opened the door. "I was hoping you being gone was going to be permanent."

"Dude," I smiled, "there's no getting rid of me."

"You're drunk. How surprising." Ashton's expression was monotone, which only lead my drunk-self further to wanting to achieve my plan.

"You know, Ash, you look beautiful the most at four in the morning."

"Shut up and go to sleep," Ashton stepped aside to let me in, but I didn't budge.

"Why do you hate me?" I started crying, overwhelmed with emotion. Tears wouldn't stop escaping my eyes, but I made no effort wipe then away.

"Just go to bed, Michael."

"No. Not until you love me back."

"You what?" Ashton froze.

I paused, going red. "Oh, shit." I slurred again. "You weren't supposed to know that."

"You idiot." Ashton's voice rose, "you can't love me."

"Why not?" Tears started welling up in my eyes again.

"Because that would mean I might end up loving you back."

--
Aw Michael is an emotional drunk
Also hi thank you to everyone who voted on the last chapter. You guys have some amazing ideas and opinions and yeah thank you so much for sharing them. :)
Okay thanks again for reading bye ily
-Celia