Chapter 2 - Disaster strikes

Soo so sorry for redo-ing the previous chapter like 2 times LOL. Soz, Im a person that changes her mind easily, bear with me DX Anyways, enjoy this chapter ^^ 

MAXINE POV-

"What do you mean by it's just the start?" I typed, curiously. "I'm going to take everything that belongs to you step by step till you are hopeless," Ryan said. Huh? I wonder what he meant. Oh well, let's go offline and sleep now. It's getting late anyway. I logged out and get dressed for bed. I lied on my bed, thinking what he meant earlier. What did he mean by taking everything I have? Let's not think too much, Maxine. Let's go and rest first... *drifts off to sleep*

THE NEXT DAY

"Oh, Maxine. Wake up, wake up!" cried my mum. "What is it?.." I moaned, stretching, barely-awake. "The loan sharks are here! They are wrecking up the furniture! Oh..what do we do?" she said, nearly to tears. "What's going on? Mum, did you lend money? Why did you lend from the loan sharks? Oh gosh, let me go downstairs," I said, as I wrapped a warm cardigan around me and head down. The loan sharks were wrecking up everywhere. "Oh, look whose here? Are you Holly's daughter? She owned us big debts, it's been 2 months and she hasn't paid up a cent. Are you going to be responsible?" one of the loan sharks, a shortie, said. "What?! Explain," I said. "She gambled and loaned money from us but she lost the bet and now she wouldn't pay us!" another said, which was taller. I didn't know what to do. The only thought in my mind was to run.

  I took my Mum's hand and ran as fast as I could. The loan sharks chased after us, I ran till I was breathless and spotted a hotel. I brought my mum to the hotel and booked a room. "Mum, stay here. I'll buy us some food." I said. "But Maxine, will you be safe out there?" my mum worriedly asked. "I'm sure I will be, don't worry. Quickly go up, before they find you," I said.

 I wore a black hoodie and a cap, and head out. Many people looked at me. Shit, they must suspect me as a celebrity. Ugh. A group of girls came to me and one of them with a high-pitched voice asked, "Hii, are you a celebrity?" I didn't say a word and walk away. They looked at me oddly. My disguise must have been a bit obvious as I notice one of those loan sharks earlier observing me, he chased me and shouted, "You b****! Come back here!" I ran with all  my might. I went to the convenience store, bought two cups of noodles and ran back to the hotel. Why has my life became like this and it's weird.. my mother never gambled in her life. 

??? POV-

I watched her behind the tree, smirking. My plan is going well. Soon, she'll be ruined.