18.

I wanted to do this chapter in Rachel's POV too so you'll get some light on her past and how Octavian's connected to her. So...yeah!

Also, this is dedicated to JustWannaEatWaffles who inspired me!
Go and read her book, Behind Closed Doors, and give her some ❤️s!

18.
Hidden Pasts
-•-

Rachel Elizabeth Dare

Remember me?
-Octavian

My eyes widened as I read his message.

No. It couldn't be. Not..not Octavian.
I thought..I thought he was gone for good.
But he's back...

How?

Another message popped up. And it was from him again.
You're surprised, aren't you? You thought I would never come back...didn't you? Well, let me break it to you, Rachel, I'm free. I'm coming.
-Octavian

My breath got shallow and I struggled to breathe. My heart was beating faster.
My vision got blurry but I saw a hazy figure running towards me.

"Rachel! Rachel!"

Oh that voice...it sounded so much like..like him.

"Don't, don't do this, Octavian! Stop blackmailing me!"

"Too bad, Rachel. I know all of your secrets..."

I felt the hazy figure holding on to me, but my knees buckled. "Octavian," I said before my eyes closed and my vision went black.

-•-

I opened my eyes and blurry spots danced in front of them. I squinted due to the bright light shining on me but I could make out people around me. I let the light stream in and then opened my eyes. Annabeth and Percy stood over me while Piper, Hazel, Reyna and Thalia were at the edge of the bed.

Where am I? What happened?

"She's awake!" Percy said.

Annabeth looked at me, her eyes wide open and I could tell she was concerned. "Rachel?"

My throat felt parched and my head was pounding. "Wh-where a-am I?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"At the clinic," Annabeth said, sounding worried. "You fainted out of nowhere. Thankfully, we were near you and managed to get you into the hospital. The only thing is...you kind of banged your head a bit against the floor so you'll need to be resting for some time..."

"We were worried!" Thalia said, coming closer to me. "Ya okay now? You scared us to hell!"

I tried to smile but I don't think I did good. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"Why did you faint?" Percy asked, folding his arms. "Was it dehydration or something? Or...?"

"It's...it's nothing," I said, tryin to hide my feelings. I can't tell them about what happened...it'd make me sound evil...even though I didn't mean to do it.