25.

There will be an epilogue after this.
Welcome to the final chapter of Slam Dunk.

The sequel will be called "Begin Again." The book will be published on August 18th..because, ya know, Percy's birthday and Percabeth anniversary..?

Anyways! On with the final chapter!
Also, this happens a few months after Annabeth's confession and Percy is still in shock.

-•-
25.
Some Things Are Not Meant To Be
-•-

• Percy Jackson •

I still couldn't believe it. Annabeth loved me..? But..why? Why should she love me? What did she find in me?

Four months had passed by since our fight and she hadn't talked to me since. To be fair, I hadn't made any effort to talk to her either.

But I just couldn't bring myself to talk to her casually. What was I supposed to say?

"Hey, Annabeth, remember how you confessed that you loved me? Well, I'm sorry, I don't like you, but we can still be friends!"

No. That would...definitely not work out. Besides, I can't muster up the courage to say that I don't like her. That I never thought of her in..that way.

Then who did I like? I liked Calypso. That's who I liked...more than a friend.
It might be a bit too fast, but I knew I liked her. For her amazing personality. I really liked her.

But did she like me?

The past few days were a blur. I couldn't concentrate and apparently, neither could Annabeth. I noticed her staring at the ceiling, a blank look in her eyes.

Rachel pestered us to tell what happened but we both refused. We wouldn't sit together in the bus, I'd sit behind while Annabeth sat with Rachel, listening to what she was rambling about.

I sighed. Why did high school have to be so confusing? I was going to graduate soon and I couldn't wait.

I walked into class and noticed Calypso talking to someone, laughing. She immediately saw me and waved excitedly.

As I walked to her with a smile, she pulled me into a tight hug. When she pulled back, she had a wide smile on her face.

"What's up?" I asked.

She gave me another big smile. "Prom! We have prom! Its coming up in two weeks! Can you believe it?!" She exclaimed excitedly.

I grinned, trying to feel happy for her but all I could think about was when I danced with Annabeth during the Spring Ball and how she kissed my cheek.

"You'll be my date, right? I'm not really close with anyone else..." Calypso's voice jarred me out of my thoughts and I noticed she was insecure.

"Hey," I said, smiling gently as she looked up. "I'll be there for you. Always."

"I'll never leave you. You're my best friend too, Wise Girl."

Guilt washed over me. I should talk to her. She'll be suffering. I haven't talked to her in months.

I miss her. I miss the lemony scent in her hair. I miss staring into her stormy but beautiful grey eyes.