(37) Sussex

Hiiiii, how are ya?😏how's your summer going? I'm back home from vacation, and I miss the tropics lol, maybe I'll move there?? Anywayyyy sorry for the wait, it's currently 1 am where I am right now and I honestly feel like I write better now but it's not edited, oops. I kinda feel like editing just takes a while so I just wanna post the chapter unedited and then go back once the story is done to edit? Idk lemme know what you think, bc if I edit it would take EVEN longer if I was kind of out of it and there's a lot of mistakes in the chapter...

**********************

"Do you have everything? I'm not coming back here if you forget something." I told my cousin, who was putting her carry-on on her shoulder.

"I hope so." Kristina said, panting and grunting. I watched her struggle with furrowed brows, to lift the bag. Damn, how heavy was her bag?

"How much is in your bag?" I questioned her. Kristina shrugged.

"This is Isaac's. He's never been this far from Philadelphia before so he doesn't know what he might need." Kristina grunted as she switched the bag over to the other shoulder. Isaac's? He packed worse than any girl I knew. Did he honestly think he would need all this?

"Why isn't he carrying it?" I arched my brow, looking behind her at mine and Kristina's hallway, towards my cousin's bedroom.

Isaac was probably still in there, contemplating on whether or not he needed to go back to his apartment in case he forgot something.

Or contemplating how he could make a break for it to not have to face my uncle. I wouldn't blame him if he was doing the latter.

"He's busy checking off his list." Kristina shook her head in disapproval.

"He made a list?" I couldn't help the snort. He was a goofball, I really hoped uncle Mario didn't chew him out too much.

Maybe he'd have mercy because he wanted to be a doctor? But then Nathan. Where would be his mercy? Nathan was a business major, and he was a fighter.

My family would never need to know that, I had already reminded Kristina and Isaac to not let it slip. They were warned, unlike Liv because apparently you need to warn your sister to not tell your mom you're in a friends-with-benefits relationship?

"Here he comes now, you check off everything, babe?" Kristina turned to look at Isaac, who walked out wearing tropical shorts, with palm trees and coconuts on them and everything.

I sighed in a breath to keep from laughing at his muscle tee with a neck pillow around his neck. That wasn't even the worst part. He was wearing sunglasses. In December.

"Isaac, you know Miami's a little cooler now right? You're gonna look—" I paused at seeing his confused expression and sighed. How could I ruin his excitement? He was finally relaxing a little from this trip, I didn't need to add to that more. So, I swallowed my words and instead said, "amazing. Keep doin' what you're doing."

He smiled big at me and gave me a thumbs up, bringing the glasses up on his head. I sucked in my bottom lip at how his curls looked awkward with the sunglasses pushing them and decided not to comment on it.

Isaac was already on edge enough as it was. Nathan on the other hand, was chill. Too chill. I applauded him. He did handle worse. He's never handled a girl's father before though. That's a whole 'nother force to be reckoned with. Especially Antonio Vincenti.

"See, Kristina? Sofia doesn't think I look ridiculous!" Isaac exclaimed happily. Kristina rolled her eyes at me, shooting me a glare.

"You're encouraging him." She commented as if I didn't already know.