(44) New Years

It had been a couple days since I talked to Chelsea in downtown. I felt so much better after that talk. It cleared the air, we had even talked more when we got back to Nathan and Seth. The guys had barely talked to each other, which Nathan informed me was because he would've ended up punching Seth if he said anything to him. I almost had to fight the urge in myself to not punch Seth. I didn't forgive Seth, I couldn't. He hurt me in the worst way possible, trust and loyalty was something I cherished, and he had broken that 8 months ago.

He had also heard about what his cousin had done, and apologized to me for it. I told him it wasn't his fault and that he shouldn't blame himself, although part of me wanted him to blame himself. So he could continue to feel bad.

Was I messed up for that? Yes. But he started it first. He slept with someone else so that he could hurt me before I hurt him. Who does that?

Being with Nathan was such a breath of fresh air, he didn't seem like the insecure, threatened type. He wouldn't sleep with someone else in order to make my confidence go down.

"I'm gonna miss my babies." My mom's lip started trembling and I let out a sigh. Seriously?

"Mom...we leave tomorrow. Not today." I reminded her. She sniffled.

"I know. I'm just thinking about it. That's all." She sighed out. "I'm gonna miss Nathan." I raised my brows. Uh... she saw the look of confusion on my face. "He's such a handsome, sweet man. I like him a lot, Sofia. I can tell you two make each other happy." I know he made me happy. I just didn't know if I made him as happy as she claimed. He was always too busy having to take care of me to actually be happy.

"He won you and dad over pretty quick." Too bad they might never see him again.

"Indeed he did. Your father tried not to like him, but I mean, what's not to like? He treats you right — right?" My mom stopped and I nodded quickly. "He helped your father with his car, and he cooks with me. It's nice to know you won't starve now, I even taught him how to make some of your favorite foods." She winked at me. I shook my head at her.

"Mom," I tried not to smile.

"Sofia." She replied.

Before my mom and I could continue our conversation, the front door busted open and in poured my uncle and dad, with Isaac, Jake and Nathan. They were all carrying a bunch of food from the grocery store and my mom perked up, eager to start cooking with my aunt Kaela.

"We'll talk more later, sweetheart." She quickly kissed my forehead and began giving the men orders.

As they all shuffled in the kitchen, I noticed all but one followed.

"No helping this time?" I cocked my head to the side, watching Nathan take off his jacket. He looked at me after hanging it at the door — where my mom insisted we all hang our coats.

"Nope. I offered, but she insisted on cooking with your aunt." He replied. I suddenly had the brightest idea.

"Ah, perfect. Then they won't miss you. Come on, I wanna show you something. Put your jacket back on." I instructed, grabbing mine as well. Nathan looked at me, confused, but complied with my request. I lead us to the garage, in search of the bag I had my eye on. When I finally found it, I lead us both to the backyard.

"What are we doing?" He questioned and I just grinned and opened the patio door, leading us both outside into the cold. The chill was biting at my cheeks and nose but I ignored it. This was going to be worth it. Every year, the patio would freeze over so bad, that we were even instructed to not step foot on it all winter long.

Until I had the brightest idea some years ago to get my skates out and go ice skating on the patio. It worked out perfect every year because it got that frozen over.