Chapter-6 Colour Of Love

Nandini rested her head on Manik's shoulders as they sat on the beach witnessing the spectacular sunrise.

Manik totally lost in the sunrise whispered - "To The Best Date Ever."

Nandini looked at him and said-"To The Best Date Ever."

Manik tilted his head and so did Nandini as their lips gently locked for a minute.

He picked her up in his arms and said Let's go!

They drove back to Nandini's house as they were leaving the car Nandini held his hand and said-
"Remove your sweatshirt!"

Manik's jaw dropped

Manik - "What! Nandini calm down please you are getting a bit too much!"

Nandini- "Hello Mr.One track mind I didn't mean this! Chacha Chachi  would have woken up and look at how deep the back of this dress is!

Manik wiped off his wild imaginations and thought "Shit Manik it's you who are getting out of control!"

Manik removed his sweatshirt and gave it to Nandini.

Manik- And what will I say to them that why am I shirtless!

Nandini laughed and said just say that it got torn!

They entered the house and Manik quickly ran to Nandini's room to cover himself. Chacha Chachi laughed seeing him run.

Manik returned wearing his shirt which he left in Nandini's cupboards once which was now neatly folded and kept in a corner.

They all sat for breakfast when Chachi said-
"Okay so the wedding planners Shreya and Ronit called and said There's some mehendi function at Manik's house that is usually done in Manik's culture so Nandini get your clothes ready!"

Nandini smiled looking at Manik and said- See you in the evening!"

The following evening at Manik's House

The decor was amazingly lit, the vibe of the place was extremely joyous. Nandini looked her best in a dark green lehenga and a fishtail. Her huge jhumkas swayed as she twirled around. She sat for her mehendi ceremony. The henna artists started applying mehendi on both her hands. She kept gawking looking at her hands and a tear escaped her eye as she saw the artist beautifully write 'Manik' on her hands.

Kabir, Alya and Navya were all burning the dance floor. Why won't they! After all there best friends were getting married.

Nandini walked up to them carefully lifting her hands as the henna was still wet.

Where's Manik? asked Nandini.

Kabir- He's in his room with Dhruv! Go call them!

Nandini went to Manik's room as she was about to knock on the door, the door opened and Manik appeared. His eyes were red shot as if he'd been crying for hours

Nandini was shocked to see him crying. He quickly wiped his tears with his kurta's sleeve.

Dhruv appeared from behind and said "Umm we were about to come!"

"Manik why are your eyes red?" said Nandini cupping his face gently as the henna started drying off a little.

"Nothing" fake smiled Manik.

He held her hand and joined everyone.

Shreya- "Okay so we've the would-be bride and groom here, and every Punjabi function is incomplete without a dance right? C'mon guys!"

Manik and Nandini stepped on the stage. Though they were together they were apart. Nandini kept looking at Manik all this while as he avoided any eye contact with her. They danced but the gleaming joy was missing.

The song ended and they stepped down. Nandini looked at Dhruv suspiciously who was busy on his phone.

Manik ran outside the venue and Nandini followed him. She turned him around and said-

"What is it Manik? For god's sake stop avoiding me! Tell me what is it?"

Manik turned around took her palms in his hands and said-

"My name looks so pretty on your hands!"

Nandini looked into his eyes and said -

"Yes the colour of love is deep!"

Nandini composed herself and continued- "But before anything else please tell me love what's bothering you?"

Manik looked at her and thought-

"How can I possibly break this precious heart? Oh gosh!"