Chapter-3 Engaged for a life time

15 December 2018

The day I'll be getting engaged. I'm happy but more than that I feel lucky. Lucky because Manik has given me something that very few boyfriends give and that is  commitment. He loves me and I know that but the fact that he is ready to be with me forever makes me cry always.

I got dressed in a pastel pink lehenga with breathtaking embroidery and a heavy dupatta which I chose to pin to one side.

I had left my hair open because Manik thinks it hides my face fat which I don't think I have. He's such a tease I tell you. My hairdresser decorated my hair with pink flowers and did the touch-ups. 

Manik entered and I was shocked would be an understatement. Here I am dressed from head to toe and this idiot walks into my room in his sweat shirts and shorts. SWEATSHIRT AND SHORTS!

Manik entered super casually in her room munching on his chips.

Manik- Yo what's up?

Nandini- Nothing was feeling bored that is why I'm wearing this heavy lehenga and got my hair and makeup done.

Her sarcasm was on point. Before she could say anything Manik smashed his lips over her to shut her up.

Nandini gasped as he hovered over her.

Nandini- What are you doing?!

Manik- Was trying shut you up!

Really? Why the heck aren't you dressed? Manik can't you be serious for a minute! she said stomping her foot.

Manik- I will, I will my chand ka tukra he said kissing her forehead.

Nandini burst in a fit of laughter and said what did you just say chand ka tukra?

Yeah why? Aren't you my chand ka tukra giggled Manik.

Like how! How do you make my anger melt always said Nandini rolling her eyes.

He started taking little steps towards her and whispered -

Jokes apart you look...you look...

Nandini started breathing heavily , beads of sweat started appearing on her forehead. She closed her eyes timidly as he was not close but a little more than too close.

Manik- You look...you look FAT!

Nandini opened her eyes and punched him playfully and said What the hell Manik! I look fat?!  I'll kill you!

Manik laughed seeing his bundle of joy all angry.

Now go and change just in case you've forgotten we are getting engaged in an hour.

Manik rushed towards his room as he was about leave he quickly shouted- Yo fatso you look nice.

Nice? Really that's it. Jerk! thought Nandini.

Guests arrived, the venue was all set It was glowing like never before.

Chacha and Chachi welcomed Manik's Dad. Of course Nyonika his mom wasn't invited. Mr.Malhotra had broken all ties with her after he got to know about her wrongdoings.

Chacha- I'm so pleased to see you. Please come in.

Chachi- You couldn't make it to the pooja but I'm glad you came to the engagement. Manik and Nandini would be so pleased to see you.

Mr.Malhotra- I had to come!

Manik called his bestfriend Kabir and asked

Yo idiot! Where are you?

On my way buddy!

Alya and Navya were with Nandini helping her adjust her veil.

Poor you can't even have mac and cheese! said Navya scooping a huge bite of Mac & Cheese.

Nandini gulped down a lump in her throat eyeing the dish. Her only weakness,her first love Mac & Cheese

Stop it Navya! Don't tempt her exclaimed Alya who was adjusting her veil.

Alya did her final touches and patted her back. She gently whispered Ready Ms. Murthy?

Nandini heaved a breathe and looked in the mirror.

Kabir arrived in Manik's room- Sorry
I'm late

Are you nuts you are late at your best friend's engagement! shouted Manik

So are you ready asked Kabir!

Manik heaved a breathe and looked in the mirror.

Were they ready?