Poem Starting with a Line from Norman Dubie

Prompt:

For this prompt, take a Dubie line to jump start a poem of your own. Your poem should be titled “Poem Starting with a Line from Norman Dubie.”

Use one of the following as your first line:

His chapel fell into flowers long ago. A kiss is like a dress falling off a tall building. Two houseflies are like two fiddles drying. My favorite pastime has become the imaginary destruction of flowers. In triplicate, he’s sent an application, listing grievances, to the stars. You wondered about skin wrinkled by looking at jewels. In the near field an idle, stylish horse raised one leg. Worlds are being told like beads. The pearl slapdash of the moon is on the water.

Be sure to use the title suggested and credit Norman Dubie in your post!

My Poem:

“My favorite past time has become the imaginary destruction of flowers.”

These words call to me,

yet their meaning escapes my mind,

Their words cannot completly reach my lips.

Why flowers? Why not butterflys? Or war?

Because nothing worth really destroying should be done in the mind.

“My favorite past time has become the imaginary destruction of flowers.”

What are you really doing by destroying imaginary flowers?

Are you killing the beauty in your world?

Cutting the colers from your life?

Erasing the smells of your past?

Is that even possible?

It's not my favorite one. I could do better.