A picture says a thousand words

Prompt:

Once you have an image, begin to interrogate it for poems. Ask: Who or what in this picture could speak? What would they say? Why is this image meaningful to me? When I look at it, what am I remembering? How does this image make me feel? Which of my moods is easiest to find in it? Where would I want to display picture? Who do I want to see it?

Collect the answers to your questions as a hoard of words or phrases. Scatter them across a blank sheet of paper, then check for patterns. What rhymes? Where is there alliteration? Is any rhythm apparent? Patterns might suggest a form for the poem.

If there aren’t enough patterns, you have two choices: either write your poem as free verse or go back to the images and generate more words. Have fun!

My Poem:

Looking through facebook, I find it.
It was almost 2 years ago.
I’ll never forget the friends I had then.
They were truely a gift and
when I see this picture
pure happines spreads through me.

Savannah drew this for me.
Her with a big smile on her face
holding a video cam to capture these momments.
Noises came from the big box wrapped in a bow.
Voices came from the huge cake to the side.
“It’s. Not. Time. Yet. GEEZ!”

Savannah yells at both of them.
What is going on?
My best friend pops out of the cake
My other friend jumps out of the box.
“Happy Birthday!!”
Hands down the best birthday ever.

The Picture is at the side and was drawn with paint. Amzing right?! I'm the one just sitting there awkwardly.