Chapter 04

After having breakfast with Willow and Jaden, I made my back to my room. Realising Jaden was walking casually behind me but no sign of Willow. That's because she invited me to go shopping with her friends and I quickly object. That was probably the fastest I've reacted to anything but you can't really blame me. 

Willow and Jaden probably think I'm an introvert but honestly, I'm nothing close to that. 

I walked into my room and sat down on my bed. Jaden marched in behind me. He obviously wasn't going to give up on trying to get me to hang out with him. I frowned then looked away from him, crossing my right leg over my left leg and sitting in an upright position. 

"You promised me you would go skate-boarding with me" Jaden groaned at me for the millionth time today, but I've been procastinating and changing dates. Its been two days since I promised to go with him but I thought he would forget, seeing it didn't take him too long to forget about me. 

The last time I went to check, they weren't even using the room. Just joking about and listening to random music. I rolled my eyes and dropped my pen. I realised Jaden was in my room, so I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. 

He is just as stubborn as ever, possibly even more stubborn and annoying. 

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked, emphazing on 'my'. I know it isn't my room because I'm just occupying it for a few months, but I value my privacy. "Oh. Should I leave?" he asked. 'Duh'  I responded in my head. "No... do I really have to go skate-boarding with you?" I huffed and turned around so I was facing him completely. 

"Yes" he simply stated, sitting on my bed. I was about to tell him to get up but I forced myself not too. "Are any of your s- friends gonna be there?" I asked him. I literally pinched myself so I didn't say snobby. "Its Mateo, you and I" Jaden explained.

I sighed and shrugged. "But I have plans for today!" I said and grinned. "What?" he asked me, I didn't think he would ask that. 

"I have a date with the couch. I haven't watched TV in ages" I responded and he laughed. "You watched TV that night remember?" he reminded me. "Firstly, that was a movie. Secondly, I couldn't watch it because you and Mateo decided to be annoying" I said and rolled my eyes. I heard a soft chuckle escape his lips, so I glared at him. 

"Sorry..." he said, clearing his throat. "Bye now" I said to Jaden shooing him away. He looked at me then reluctantly walked out of the room. I randomly danced to nothing but celebrating the fact that his presence has left my room. 

-

I sighed as I walked out of my room with my skateboard tucked inbetween my elbow and my waist. My phone is carefully placed in the back pocket of my jeans shorts. I'm wearing light-washed denim cutoff shorts that are distressed. A white loose tank top and I have paired my outfit with pink vans that have black laces and white soles. I slowly made my way to the front room to meet Jaden, where Jaden told me to meet him. 

I am not looking forward to spending time with him again. I fear I might do something I will regret like when I excepted to hang out with him and Mateo last night. 

I know many girls would be happy to spend their summer with the Smith family but I'm not having any fun at all. All my friends live on the other side of LA. I don't want to hang out with Willow because well... I just don't and I've seen her friends. If I do hang out with her and her friends, I will probably end up killing them all. 

I peeped my head into the front room and saw Jaden leaning against the wall, smiling into his phone. I took another deep breath then walked into the front room. I took a glance at his outfit and rose an eyebrow. His dressing style has definitely changed since I last saw it. Its more... Its crazier. 

"Hello" I said, trying my hardest to sound cheerful. He looked up and he smiled, "Hey". I could feel his eyes watching me and checking me out. I shifted uncomfortably and bit my lip, somehow a thought managed escaped my lips. "Can we go now? Or are you just gonna stand there staring at me?" I said, after saying it I realized how rude I sounded but to be honest I didn't care. 

He looked at me then nodded slowly and slowly said, "Yeah, let's go". What I was hoping for didn't happen though. I was expecting him to cancel it or form an excuse and call it off. I was already planning on jumping up and down happily. I huffed as we walked out of his house and onto the street walk. 

"So how good are you at skate boarding?" he asked, trying to bring up conversation. Since I was walking behind him and he couldn't see me, I rolled my eyes. "Uh.. I can balance without anyone's help?" I randomly stated. 

I carefully placed my favorite skateboard on the floor then placed my right foot on the surface of the skateboard. I used my other leg to get myself going and I went passed Jaden before placing both legs on the skateboard and standing on it sideways. I looked over at him and grinned before scooting again.

When I looked up I noticed he was on his skateboard too, gaining up to me. So I went faster, swerving at corners and trying to avoid stones and going on the grass so I didn't hurt myself.

"You're good" Jaden complimented me after he managed to gain up to me. I grinned at him, "Thanks" I simply stated, purposely not replying his compliment. 

I know he is pretty good at skateboarding and to prove it, he went ahead of me and did a heel flip. He looked over at me, I was about to say that was cool but I choose not to. Instead I pretended like I didn't see what he just did. "What?" I asked as he looked at me. "Did you see that?" he grinned and I laughed evilly in my head. "Nope" I simply lied said then smiled innocently. Once he looked away, I rolled my eyes. 

I went on the road and started moving freely because no cars were in sight. I did a kick flip which should be hard but its not really hard for me, since I'm a quick learner.  

"Where are we meeting Mateo?" I finally asked, breaking the silence that lingered between us. I know there is a question he wants to ask me, I can't help but think the question will be 'Why do you hate me so much. Which will give me a good enough reason to get angry at him. "In a bit" he muttered. I stopped skate-boarding, hopped off my skateboard and started walking behind him.

"Why did you stop?" he asked, waiting for me to catch. "I needed a break" I told him and he nodded before speeding off on his skateboard again. I sighed as I walked slowly not increasing or reducing my speed. 

After a few minutes, Jaden was still ahead of me, slowing down occasionally so I could catch up with him. I felt something cold come in contact with my skin but I ignored the feeling and kept walking. Before I knew it, someone grabbed hold of my shoulder, gently not aggressively at all.

----

A/N:

Hey everyone! This is just a short filler chapter, we will upload a much more interesting chapter next. Oh yeah! We have 500 reads!! :O That may not be much to some people but it is to us! We love every one of our readers. You're all awesome!!

And lastly, Amal & I are really sorry about not being able to update. Amal has school and loads of homework. Whilst I'm going through a phase of slight depression because a friend died last week and I found out a girl in my class, cuts.

So again, we're very sorry about the short chapters and lack of updates...