CHAPTER ELEVEN: come alive

"Are you ok?" Harry asked me as we were walking down the hall way, I looked at him, he looked worried. 

"I'm fine" I tried to smile, he smiled also though I could still see the worry In his eyes. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, I just tend to react badly to stupidity" he laughed then loosening up a bit. 

We talked until we reached the gate while the others followed soundlessly behind us. 

"Tell you what I'll give you my numbers" he scribbled them on my palm "not that I'm trying to give you Cancer or anything" we both laughed "but friends give friends numbers right?" 

"Right" I agreed headed for my moms car. 

"Hey mom" I said as she drove away. 

"Soooooo who Is that?" she asked giggling. 

"That's harry, my friend, behind us were my other friends, Tyler Is the blond one,mark Is the bald one and the other one Is Laurent" 

"Laurent? that sounds awfully old fashioned for a child" 

"I know" 

"Um....Donna?" 

"Yes mom" 

"Remember what the doctors said about you...ha..harming your self" she stuttered 

"No" 

"They said maybe If you talk about what makes you do It that might make you feel better" 

"Oh" I said looking out the window. 

"Talk to me please..."my mom begged 

"And say what?" I said Irritated exiting the car and running up to my room. 

I paced around my room not sure what to think, I looked out of the window watching mom driving away, I honestly had to start riding the bus I'm sure mom Is gonna end up getting caught sneaking out to fetch her grown up daughter from school. 

I sat down on my bed and took out my phone and punched In Harry's numbers, I smiled thinking about him and his goofy smile, If I was going to stay friends with the guys he was definitely gonna be my best friend. Thinking of best friends reminded me of Gabriela and I decided to go by her house and so there I was walking down the familiar street I had once walked with her, I tried not to cry thinking about It.

I knocked at the door and her mother answered. 

"Mrs Garcia" I put on my biggest smile. 

"Come In" she smiled at me 

"Wow you have a beautiful house" I said as I followed her, stunned If I may, everything was yellow just like Gabriela had said 

"Thank you" she smiled "Have a seat" she pointed to one of the yellow Island chairs and I did as I was told. 

"Is Gabriela around?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry darl but she Isn't" she said bringing me biscuits and juice. 

"Where Is she?" I asked. 

"She went to Africa" 

"Africa? what the hell Is she doing In Africa?" 

"Her father Is In Africa" 

"Oh" was all I could say. 

"But I'll tell her you came by" she smiled Encouragingly. 

"No need she probably wont want to see me" I frowned 

"Oh darl why would you say that? I'm sure she'll want to see you"