Chapter 10 Insanity

SVU SQUAD ROOM: 2:45 PM

"Hey, let go of me!" Jesse yelled as Amaro forcefully sat him down in the squad room's hard metal chair.

He eyed Amaro with cold, hateful eyes. Olivia and Nick stood there for a moment just looking him over, watching as he picked at a scab on his chin.

He seemed to be in his mid to late 20's, and he was covered in tattoos and reeked of cigarettes. Olivia hated to judge people based off their looks, but the kid seemed like trouble.

Amaro finally let go of the kid, pushing him down hard enough that his elbow banged against the table in the process.

"Jesus Christ," he muttered. "Dirty spic..."

"Hey," Olivia said sternly. "Watch the language."

"it's okay, Liv," Nick said. "He can say what he wants. At least we know he's not shy. He should have no problem talking to us about his...situation."

"Listen, man," Jesse said. "I don't know what you think I'm like, involved in or whatever. But I didn't do nothing!"

"Hold on now," Nick said coolly. "I never accused you of anything. Let's start off simple. You used to work for Victor and Elaine Jacobs, correct?"

"Uh, yeah, for a while," Jesse said nonchalantly. "What the Hell does that have to do with anything, muchacho?"

Olivia raised an eyebrow. "I think you know exactly what it means," Olivia said.

"Enlighten me, gorgeous," Jesse said with a smirk.

Olivia resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "It means maybe you had a little falling out with the old bosses, and wanted to get revenge by assaulting their daughter in law. Sounds familiar, huh?"

"What are you nuts?!" Jesse exclaimed. "There are better ways to get revenge, babe. Trust me."

Olivia scowled. She hated the way this guy talked to her and Nick, and she wished she could wipe that smug look off his face.

"Alright," Olivia said. "If you didn't do it, you wouldn't mind giving us a DNA sample, would you?"

That seemed to catch Jesse's attention. "yo, uh, I definitely would, but it's, like against my religion or something. Hey, doesn't my lawyer have to be here? I mean-"

"Give it a rest," Nick said. "We all know the real reason you won't give us that DNA sample. You know its gonna be a match."

"No man, I told you it's against my religion-.."

"Jesse," Olivia stated, "It's over. Victor Jacobs saw you rape Linda that night, he was in the basement at the same time you were. And I don't care how close you two got when you worked for him, if it comes down to testifying against you or staying in prison another 10 years, you better believe he's gonna save his own ass."

Jesse's eyes went wide. "that bitch," he muttered under his breath.

Amaro raised his eyebrows. "Who's this 'bitch' you're talking about exactly?" He asked suddenly.

"yo, I was just talking about Victor," Jesse said, sounding confused.

"No, no you weren't," Amaro said. "I can tell by the way you talked to my partner that you're not too big a fan of women. That insult was meant for a woman, correct?"

"You're crazy, man," he said.

"Hey, you can say it," Amaro said. "Most women are bitches."

Jesse just gave him a look. Olivia looked over, and Amaro gave her a slight nod and a look; a signal to just go along with it.