Chapter 9 Control

SVU INTERROGATION ROOM: 1:30 PM

Stabler and Amaro brought Victor in to the interrogation room, watching as he put his cane down and hobbled to his seat. His lawyer, a tall dark woman, took a seat next to him.

"Alright Vic," Stabler said. "Let's get started, shall we?"

"I ain't answering any questions till you tell me what the hell I'm doing here!" Victor said, getting more and more agitated by the second.

"Hey, take it easy," Amaro warned. "And you know why you're here, Vic. We already read you your rights."

" I didn't rob anybody!" Vic shouted.

"Oh, really?" Stabler taunted. "Because the DNA we found in Linda Jacobs basement says otherwise."

That's shut him up.

"Now listen, Vic," Stabler said. "We don't really want to watch you spend your twilight years in prison. So how about we...make an arrangement?"

Victor glanced over towards his lawyer, who gave him a slight nod.

"I'm listening," Victor said cautiously.

" Alright, so let's all stop pretending that you don't know who raped Linda Jacobs," Amaro said.

"I don't know what the Hell your talking about," Victor said.

Stabler sighed. "Look Victor, we already have you for robbing your daughter in-law, money that was supposed to go to your grandson. I don't think the jury is going to be too sympathetic, I don't care how old you are."

"That's enough!" The lawyer said suddenly. "I'm not just going to sit here and watch you harass my client. I'd be willing to bet you don't even have anything on him."

"Wanna bet?" Stabler said, sliding a folder full of evidence across the table. The lawyer slowly picked it up and started looking through the papers inside.

Stabler smiled to himself as he saw her jaw drop. She knows they're screwed.

"Go ahead, Vic," she said, sounding defeated. "Tell them what you know."

Vic set his jaw.  "I already told you I don't know anything."

Amaro shook his head. "Come on, Victor. Give it up, will ya?" He said. "We know you were there that night, and we know you couldn't have raped her yourself. So who did?"

An evil smile slowly spread across his lips. "Who says I didn't rape her myself?" He said viciously. "Who says she even got raped? That fucking bitch was probably asking for it-"

Before he could stop himself, Stabler had his hands on Victor's shoulders, pinning him against the wall. Victor stared back at him in shock, while his lawyer ran over next to Amaro in the corner of the room.

"I've had enough of your bullshit," Stabler whispered menacingly. "If you don't start talking, I'll-"

"Elliot," Amaro said cautiously, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"What?" Stabler said sharply.

"Take a walk, Elliot," he said in a low voice.

"I'm a little busy here," Stabler said. He glanced back at Victor, who's eyes were still wide with terror. Stabler still had him pinned to the wall.

"I mean it. Go take a walk," Amaro said seriously. "I'll take it from here.

Stabler gave Amaro an icy glare before finally releasing Victor from his grip. Victor was left shaking as he watched Stabler storm out of the room.