Chapter 2

Unedited

Unedited.

"Excuse me?" Flo sarcastically calls, snapping her fingers in the air. The dude isn't affected, even just the tiniest bit. He just stands there, leaning his side against the doorframe of the library, his arms crossed over to his chest looking at Flo with dull eyes. "Hi." She claps. "Who are you?" The corners of Flo's lips quirks up sarcastically, mimicking the dude's pose, crossing her arms over to the center of her oversized t shirt.

The dude opens his mouth but Flo didn't let him finish. She automatically grabs my wrist and head towards the door, nudging the dude with her shoulder as we walk by him. She stops walking, peeling her hand from my wrist. She turns around one last time "If you don't go here, go shove your attitude up your ass." She tightens her smile. "Okay?" She ends by clenching the corners of her lips before dropping them.

"Shhh" the librarian reacts with her face plastered in shock. But me? I know Flo. She's a brave, unfiltered mouthed purple-dyed hair with brown roots blending along with the lavender. I've known this girl since I was 7 and she never messes around.

She glares at the librarian who went back to the book attached to her hands. Flo stalks off to the corner of the room where our meetings are mostly held. I glance at the dude who still has his arms crossed, except his lean body is now off of the door frame. I expect him to look at Flo and maybe glare at her the same as she did. But he's not looking at her. He's looking at me. I open my mouth, ready to apologize but before I even ease a word out, he's already walking past me.

Um.

I close my mouth, not letting any of my questions ease further. Instead, I just follow suit. "Do you think she was planning on it at all?" Katie's faint voice comes out of nowhere as I step into the small section of the library where a lengthy wooden table is placed on the center where bookshelves full of books covers the view of the library's entrance.

"Who's planning on what?" I purse my lips, both of my brows shoot upwards as I come into their view with my arms locked across my chest, my expression demanding for an answer. But it's already obvious with their lack of filter and place to form words that they're talking about me.

Of course, they still blame me for what happened. An entire month has passed and nothing changed rather than me experiencing less grief. Katie shoots her head towards me, her eyes widening for a brief second but then recovers, her expression forming back to its normal state. She sighs, pulling her arms from the table then settling them on her lap as if she has an object to hide.

Katie is not a stranger in my life. In fact, she's one of the first people who acknowledged my invisible self when Audrey and I were transferred to school. She's always been that girl with sea-colored eyes, different shades of blue splashing from the iris to the outer line of her pupil who has the most feminine features you could ever encounter. Her double lid shape, natural long lashes framing it, sticking out in two places. She has a long sandy blonde hair that appears effortlessly styled, even though behind closed doors she uses half a can of hair spray to make it look like she isn't trying hard.