Scene one

Life in Melromarc had become simpler after clearing his name. Day in day out, became less hectic and Naofumi was able to live in this fantasy world without coming across death threats or mockery everyday anymore. The queen was even kind enough to offer him expenses for living there. When meetings had dragged till the dead of night, he and his party were generously offered rooms and food to eat. They could practically consider that they might as well live in the palace along with the others. Now, Naofumi wasn't one to always take up on people's kindness, even if it was the queen herself but he knew why she acted the way she did.

Though there have been some things that Naofumi had noticed but chose not to speak of it. Mirellia Q Melromarc, despite being the overall ruler of Melromarc, had a motherly spot when it came to the four heroes who were abruptly summoned here without her knowledge. Sometimes, he'd notice to the point where she somehow spoils them -the other three- until they had become so high of themselves. Naofumi however had trouble accepting that fact. She knew how to treat the four young adults and teenagers. At some points somewhat really strict and lectured them when needed. Especially, whenever they argue or couldn't see eye to eye.

But to Naofumi, this was alarming to the point he would sometimes decline the kind offers. It wasn't that she was a bad person, it was obvious she did everything for the good of her country. But to the point of completely trusting her, that's difficult to do. She was the mother and wife of the two horrid people who traumatised him. If he had to exaggerate, probably felt a mental scar in his mind. 'stop trusting people, don't be so naive! Or else Everything goes back to square one'. He'll lose.

But he couldn't help it. She was just too kind and generous to him. Sometimes, he'd go out of his way to the point of asking for advice from her.

Was it possible for him to lose again? Raphtalia. Filo. What would happen to them if he did?

It was unbearable to imagine how this country and some of its nobles still treat demi-humans and monsters. Moreover, the cruelty they'll face after becoming masterless. The underground dungeon he previously went had shown him how far these nobles could go. 'What if the queen was using me too?' The thought shook his entire being as self consciousness billed up within him. Who could he trust?

It's become a routine now that the queen had planned to keep their schedule tight and secured. All the four heroes had dates they were forbidden from skipping. This not only clashed with their intentions to seek out this world but also made them lose their chances of level grinding to one up one another.

'Train' she said. The queen wasn't wrong in any way. From how the four of them failed to work together and had to rely on certain backups were not any way appealing to the queen. 'Fitoria seems to have the same ideals' to have the four work together to save the world.

'You are still young, there is still plenty of time  before the next wave and I expect be better performance from all of you'

They did rely on a lot of support from her country. There was no path to decline her orders. So it had become daily that Esclair would wait for the reluctant -three- heroes to train them. Build up their skills instead of letting them just rely on their levels.

Unfortunately, Naofumi had to join them as well. Yes, it was true that he was most capable among the four given his personal experience that they all knew of. But the queen literally put it into to her own graceful words that-

They had to 'get along'.

Persistent as the Shield Hero was, he out right questioned 'what the hell do you mean 'get along'?'.