The Funeral

Juliet's POV

Today, was Ashton's funeral. And in 3 days, will be my wedding. Isn't this just fun? Nope. Not at all... "Baby are you ready?" Vic asked fixing his black tux. I nodded and put a little bit of eyeliner on. "She's in a better place now, Juls. Don't mourn. Just be happy she isn't suffering anymore." Kellin said putting his shoes on. I was wearing a black dress with black flats. "Yeah, I guess you're right.' I whispered and put my phone in Vic's pocket. 

Once we got to the funeral home, everyone gave me a hug. "Juliet Quinn? Will you say something about Ashton?" Her father, Joseph, asked me rubbing the back of his neck. "Of course. I'd love to." I smiled sweetly. 

The funeral started. The paster saying a few verses that I have no idea what he is talking about. "Will Juliet Quinn come to the stand?" I stood up slowly and walked over. I took a deep slow breath. "Ashton was like my best friend. She was amazing, beautiful, a fighter. I met her a year ago when I went on tour with Sleeping with Sirens for Warped Tour. She handed me a poem. She told me I saved her life and helped her from committing suicide, I suppose from the cancer. I changed her life, and she changed mine." I took a deep breath fighting back sobs. "I love her with all of my heart. I would've done anything for her. I'm never gonna forget about her. She lived a long, hard life. But she isn't suffering anymore. She's in a better place." I turned around to face the casket. "I love you, Ashton. Stay safe up there, baby girl. I'll see you once it's my time.' I whispered and kissed her forehead. I walked back over to Vic and Kellin. They both hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead. "You did great baby girl." Vic whispred and puled me closer. I heard my phone vibrate in Vic's pocket. He handed me the phone and I was in complete shock. 

Ashton: I'll always love you, Juliet. I'm sorry I never told you that I would be dying. I'm always going to watch over you. You were my best friend. Actually, the only real friend I had, besides my boyfriend. Don't cry anymore. I'm safe. And it's AMAZING here. No pain, no suffering, I love you Juliet!

I showed Vic the message. "Baby there's nothing there." Vic whispered and handed me the phone back. I was still in shock. She's laying in the casket... She can't be texting me. I'm just losing my mind. Perrrrrrrfect. I'm losing my mind! "I'm going outside." I whispered and walked out of the funeral home. 

I saw a guy standing outside as well. About 17-18 years old. About the same age Ashton was. "Hey, aren't you Juliet?" He asked me putting his cigarette out. "Yes, I am. And you are?" I asked gently putting my hair in a pony tail. "I'm Scar. Well, my name is actually Josh. But everyone calls me Scar. I'm Ashton's boyfriend. Well...was." Scar said with tears welling up in his eyes. I gave him a tight hug. Once I wrapped my arms around him, he broke down. "I-I-I can't believe she's g-g-gone." He sobbed. "Shh, baby..It's gonna be alright." I said gently holding onto him. "Did y-y-you get a text from her too?" He asked pulling back and I nodded. I gave him another hug. 

We swapped numbers, "If you ever want to talk, promise me you'll call or text? I don't want you to hurt yourself or anything." I said handing him my water. "How do you know I self harm?" He asked me staring at me. "Your arm, sweet heart. It's obvious that you do with all the bracelets." I smiled. He smiled back and nodded. "I promise, Juliet." He hugged me and we said our goodbyes.