Seven

Percy's POV

The fish have been acting strangely today. All of them seemed nervous. Joe had continuously checked up, something he hasn't been bothered to do recently.

After maybe five hours passed, I peaked my head out of my cave and saw no fish. I slowly swam out, curious as to where everyone had gone. As I swam deeper, I got a sense of warmth coming closer along with a surge of power, urging me to come closer.

When the power seemed to be at its greatest, I was face to face with a man with dark black hair and a scruffy beard. He had sea green eyes; the same as mine. This man is Poseidon.

"Perseus," his voice was stern and nearly unforgiving. "I've gotten word that you've interacted with the humans. We've been over this, you are not to go to the surface. You've been told multiple times that some of them will try to kill you. Is that what you want? To be killed?"

"No, Father," I let my head fall slightly.

Poseidon nodded. "Anymore interactions with them and I will be forced to relocate you."

I sighed but reluctantly agreed. Poseidon seemed to disappear in a cluster of water particles, leaving me alone. This wasn't fair, but I know that if I go near the surface, I wouldn't be near people again.

As I was swimming back up, a rock hit me on the head. I turned it over with a frown. Percy? was wrote on it. I sighed. No one would have to know if I just write back, right? I thought to myself.

Luke. It didn't mean to sound venomous, but as I made the stone float back up, I felt the true anger surge through me. I don't want to be a merman. And I definitely don't want to be denied access from interacting with humans. Maybe he really did want to get killed if it meant getting to experience what humans are like.

Another stone hit my head.

Is Poseidon really as mad as he sounded when he pulled me aside to talk privately?

I imagine Poseidon pulling the blond I saw earlier--Luke--and scolding him for talking to me. Probably.

There wasn't a stone after that, but I knew Luke saw it. The small interaction made my mood lift just a bit. Something about going against my father excited me. At this moment I knew I'd continue talking to Luke.

Sorry it's been so long, guys. I was in the hospital there for a while so I didn't have very good access to my phone/electronics/Wattpad. Anyway, I'm hoping I can start updating more often now.