Six

It's been five days and no sign of Percy. Luke found himself forcing the idea of knowing the boy out of his mind. He knew his decision was coming closer and he was no closer to figuring out what he wanted.

It was dinner and Chiron had announced there would be a special guest. Luke didn't know who to expect, but it surely wasn't a pissed off Poseidon.

"Hello, campers," he nearly growled. "It has come to my attention that one of you has grown curious as to what's below where you can see in the lake. This is a warning that if any of you try to go deeper than you can see, the lake will be closed off to all and you will exiled from Camp Half Blood immediately. Contrary to that, I will admit that I have a son who is neither demigod nor fish. He's a merman. With that knowledge you now possess, I expect whoever was curious to stop. If they would like to come forward now, I will be willing to drop this. Otherwise, this is your only warning."

No one spoke or tried to point fingers. Luke slid down in his seat the tiniest bit. He didn't know how Poseidon knew, but he didn't necessarily want to find out either. Then again, if he spoke up, he would probably be exiled, despite Poseidon's regards of being willing to drop the whole scenario. Which would be the only reason Luke would need to join Kronos. But if he did drop it, Luke's curiosity would only be fueled more.

"It was me," Luke shouted. All eyes turned to him. Poseidon walked toward him with an angry look in his eyes, but his actions were calm. Luke felt himself shift in his seat, waiting for the god to say anything.

"Luke Castellan, son of Hermes," Poseidon said like he was informing someone. "Not who I would have expected. But why? Why have you been so eager to see deeper into my kingdom beneath camp?"

"In my defense, Lord Poseidon," Luke let out weakly, "your son had wrote on the stone first. It wasn't until he had wrote on the second one that I began to get curious. And then I saw him. It wasn't like I was merman hunting."

"Ah, I see," Poseidon murmured. "I would like to speak further about this later, but now is not that time. Until later, Luke." With that, Poseidon was gone. All eyes were still on Luke as he quickly dismissed himself and to his cabin. He wasn't sure what would happen or if he would get exiled. He didn't know what Poseidon meant by a follow up. All he could do was prepare for the worst and hope he lives through it.

So like, I've been thinking about writing an actual story. Something that isn't fan fiction. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? Or should I just stick to fan fiction?