Game Night part 2

Brooke's POV:

"I choose 5. 1,2,3,45!" Ava moves her piece onto a blue square, "another son?! I've already got 2 daughters and 3 sons! I can't bare anymore horrible days being pregnant!"

"Ava, you're not actually pregnant." Auggie whispers to her.

"That's what you think." She smirks.

"Oh my goodness! This kid is too much!" I whisper to Josh, laughing my butt off.

"Ok, now we will take a 5 minute break to come up with strategies in our teams. Good luck!" Josh announces.

Everyone splits up into different rooms to talk strategy. Riley and Maya took the bay window of course, while Lucas and Farkle went to the hallway. Corey and Topanga went in the bay window of the living room, Ava and Auggie were sitting on the couch, and Josh and I were in Auggie's room. We both are sitting on the edge of Auggie's bed, our legs almost touching might I add.

"So, how are we gonna win this thing?" Josh asks.

"Oh we're not." I reply.

"What?"

"Trust me. The last time I played this game with the Matthews, I won. Topanga did not take that well at all. I don't ever want her to not win again." I explain.

"Oh I get it. Yeah even asking that question I felt as if I was betraying the game rules that state: Topanga must win or else you die." He chuckles.

'Man, his laugh is cute!' I think to myself, laughing also.

"I know" he randomly says, smirking at me.

"You know what?" I ask, confused.

"Man, his laugh is cute!" He repeats in a very high pitched voice with over the top hand gestures.

"I said that out loud?" I ask, horrified.

"Yup. Don't worry, I think you're laugh is cute too." He winks.

My face turns beet red from his statement. Is he flirting with me? Is this what flirting is? Am I imagining this all right now? This is all just a dream isn't it. His laughter dies down as he realizes I've just been staring at him.

"Hey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anythi-." He starts to apologize.

"Pinch me." I cut him off.

"What?"

"Pinch me." I repeat.

He hesitates, but moves his hand over and pinches my upper arm. It hurt and I'm still here, I guess I'm not dreaming.

"Ok I was just making sure." I mumble to myself.

"Making sure of what?" Josh asks.

"That I wasn't dreaming." I reply, feeling like an idiot.

"Why would you think you're dreaming?"

"I don't know." I come up with as my best answer.

As I said this, I realize he has scooted over so our thighs were now touching. I look down at our legs and back up at his eyes. He was already staring back at me. I notice how close our faces are and I can barely breath. He keeps slowly leaning closer and closer to me. Maybe I am dreaming.

"5 minutes are up." I hear an annoyed voice.

Josh and I jump apart as the noise started us both. We look to see that the voice belonged to Maya. Riley next to her had the biggest grin on her face.

"Maya, don't be so mean." Riley scolds, "we'll just be headed back to the game now, you two... take your time."

She smiled so hard I thought she might break her face muscles. She dragged and unhappy looking Maya to the living room, closing the door.