Home for the holidays

Outfit above^^^^

*time skip of 1 month(now it's December 17th we'll say) brought to you by a fat man falling down a flight of stairs*

Tonight is a family night for the Matthews because it's Christmas time. I'm going too because they're like my family. Family night is usually pretty fun because Auggie always gets super energized for a while then passes out before it ends, Topanga stresses about making good enough food for her mother in law and its really funny to see, and Riley is so happy and optimistic that it spreads everywhere she goes.

"What up losers." I say as I walk through the door to their apartment.

"Hey, that's Maya's line!" Auggie scolds.

"Too bad." I reply.

"Yay! It's Christmas time!" Riley cheered, skipping around the house.

"Brooke, do you want to help me hang up some ornaments on the tree?" Cory asks.

"Sure thing." I say.

The buzzer beeps and Cory goes crazy thinking its Shawn.

"Shawn?!" He yells.

"Maya." She answers.

"Shawn?"

"Maya."

He goes back to the tree, disappointed As Maya walks through the door.

"You know I don't think this boyfriend of yours is real." She states.

"He's not my boyfriend. He's real." Cory answers.

"Oh yeah, then what are we going to do with this 'Cory and Shawn for evah ' ornament?" Topanga retorts.

"Oh that. That goes right in front of the Cory and Topanga wedding ornament." He responded.

"What's the deal with this Shawn dude?" Maya asks Riley.

"I don't see him very often. I don't think he likes me." She replies.

"What that's crazy! How could anyone not like you?!" I exclaim.

"I don't know." She says.

The buzzer rings again and Cory rushes towards it.

"SHAWN?!!"

"It's your parents." His mother replies.

"Rats." Cory hisses.

"Let me explain to you how a speaker box works." His dad says.

His mom talks about how she thinks Topanga will mess it up just like I predicted. His parents walk through the door and Auggie runs up to them giving them hugs. His grandpa gives him 10 bucks, his grandma gives him cookies, and he gives her the 10 bucks. Hahaha.

"Riley, Maya, Brooklyn." Their grandpa gives us hugs.

Their grandma goes to instruct Topanga how to cook the dinner.

"Wow look at all these kids, doesn't seem that long ago I had kids in the house." Grandpa says.

"Yeah, just this morning wasn't it dad." I hear a familiar voice and a toss of keys.

I turn around to see Josh there. Josh is related to Riley?

"Uncle Josh!!!" Auggie yelled jumping into his arms, Josh putting him up on his shoulders. "I love it up here!"

"Boing" Maya says pointing at Josh.

"That's my uncle, Maya." Riley explains.

"Sweet, I would be your aunt." She replies.

"No you are not going to be my aunt Maya." Riley worries.

"I can't here you. Badadadadadada da da" Maya sings.

Josh sets Auggie down and look over the room stopping on me, our eyes locking. I felt my hands get sweaty and felt butterflies in my stomach. Is this normal?

"Hey Brooke, what are you doing here?" He asks me.

"Well I grew up with Riley and Maya since we were little until I moved for a year, but now I'm back. These guys are practically my family." I explain.

"That's awesome. Well I am brothers with Cory. It's a small world right?" He chuckles.

"Yeah. What a coincadink." I reply.

"Uncle Josh" Riley hugs him.

"Uncle Josh!" Maya exclaims, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm not your uncle Maya." He says.

"Even better." She mumbled.

"Well it's been a while since I last saw you. You grew up gorgeous." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck heading over to the kitchen. I felt a small pain in my heart when he said that. What was I thinking, of course he wou,don't like me. Maya's way prettier and he likes her, not me.

"You're not going to be my aunt!" Riley reiterated.

Well this night is going to be interesting...

Thank you guys soooo much. 2.7k reads??!!?!?!?! That's amazing!!!!! Thank you so much. I couldn't do this without you guys. Feel free to comment or message me any suggestions or anything.thank you! I love you my peeps!

Questions. Comments. Concerns.

❤️❤️❤️