Trace Your Roots

My Pov

I sat on my bed, hugging my knees. It had been a few days since Glossaryck had revealed that I was a Butterfly. I had been in my room for the past few days.

"You know staying in here won't make the truth go away." I looked up to the see Glossaryck. "I really think you need to find out about your birth parents. Star's wanting to find out as well."

"I don't know." I said. Glossaryck floated down and placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him with teary-eyed.

"You need to find out about your family." Glossaryck said.

"You know who they are. Just tell me." I pleaded, not really wanting to go to Mewni.

"I can't do that. Things like this, you need to figure them out yourself." Glossaryck said. He whistled and the book jumped over to me. It opened and my wand floated out. I reached out and took it. "Also, Star wanted your to have these." His gem glowed and revealed a set of clothes. Glossaryck went back into the book. I decided to change into my new clothes. I changed into my new clothes. I now wore a white T-shirt under a seafoam green jumper dress similar to one Star wore sometimes. Except mine had eight pastel-colored line on it, four on the bodice and four near the hem. One the bodice was a pastel red, orange, yellow and green stripe. On other four near the hem her pastel blue, indigo, violet and pink. Underneath the jumper I wore a pair of navy leggings and I wore brown boots. I walked out and saw Star and Marco.

"Ready?" Star asked. I nodded. She opened a portal with the Dimensional Scissors and took my hand. We went through the portal and I waved good-bye to Marco. We soon arrived on Mewni. We walked though the town. I noticed several children looking at me, but their parents took no notice. When we got to the castle, Star's demeanor suddenly changed. She used her wand and poofed up a cloak. She took it and handed it to me. "Put this on."

"Why?" I asked.

"Glossaryck told me to make sure the High Commission doesn't see you until we find out for sure where your place in the Butterfly Family is." Star said. I took the cloak and put it on. We carefully maneuvered around the castle until we managed to make it to Moon's office. Star knocked on the door. Moon opened it.

"Star, what are you-?" Moon started before Star pushed her back into the office. I quickly followed her and closed the door. "Star, what's going on? And who is she?" I pulled off the cloak and Moon's eyes widen.

"Mom, this is my Earth friend Dia. Except, it seems her real name is Diana and she's a Butterfly." Star said.

"According to who?" Moon asked.

"Glossaryck. He even made this for me." I said, showing my wand. Moon looked at it and then at me.

"Both of you stay here." Moon said.

"Don't let the High Commission see you." Star warned. Moon nodded and left. It was a while before she came back. In her hand was a large book.

"Diana... this book is entire record of the Butterfly family. I want you, if you can, to point out your mother to me." Moon said. I nodded. She first flipped to her mother, Comet Butterfly, but I shook my head. Then Estrella, Celena, Rhina, Crescenta, Dirhhennia, Festivia. Then she stopped at Eclipsa and I stared at the page. "Is... this your mother?"

"No, but she looks familiar." I said.

"Diana, we've gone back three hundred years. Do you have any idea who your mother is? Any at all?" I thought for a minute. I thought about four-leaf clovers and how they always made me feel happy.

"In my dreams when I was younger, I always saw purple four-leaf clovers." I said.

"Purple clovers? There's only one Butterfly with those cheekmarks and that Butterfly is the only male queen." Moon said. She flipped to the page that had Jushtin's picture on it. I look at it real hard. I thought back as hard as I could. My eyes happened to glance over to the vase of roses Moon had on her desk. I walked over and picked one up. I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet perfume. I then heard an echo in the back of my head. A man's voice.

"Look at all the roses sweetie. They're beautiful, aren't they? But they're not as beautiful as you, my little rose."

I snapped my eyes open.

"Jushtin is my father. I remember he would carry me in the rose garden sometimes and he called me 'Rosebud' and 'Little Rose' sometimes." I said

"But how is this possible? Jushtin Butterfly live over three hundred years ago. How can he possibly be your father?" Moon asked. I shrugged. "Okay. Well, it says here that he had a daughter, but she was eaten by a monster as a infant." I looked at that part. Maybe Glossaryck made a mistake?

"Do you have anymore information about her?" I asked.

"No and that's the strange thing. His daughter's not even listed by name." Moon said.

"Is there anywhere else to look?" I asked.

"Well, you could try where his wife was from. She was Duchess Recluza Spiderbite of the Spiderbite Village." Moon said. I decided to head there. I needed to know. I started to leave, but Star stopped me.

"Dia, the village is a long way away from here. I think we should wait until tomorrow to check it out." Star said. I reluctantly agreed. I thanked Moon and we went back to Earth. That night, I couldn't sleep. I had to go to the village. I got out of bed and got dressed. I quietly snuck to Star's room. I took the scissors, my cloak and the map I had drawn of Mewni. I went into the hallway and used the scissors. I was going to find out the truth.

Ok guys. My mom's lungs are infected and her condition is okay. Can everyone please say a prayer for her?