A New Wand

My Pov

I was waiting around the house, bored out of my mind. Star and Marco had gone out. I decided to go up to Star's room. Maybe read a book she had. I went in and looked at how big her room was. That's when I heard humming. I looked over and saw the Book of Spells. I opened it and there lay Star's wand and Glossaryck. Sir Glossaryck of Terms, Keeper of the Book.

"Hello there, Dia." Glossaryck said.

"Hi Glossaryck." I said. "Were you meditating? Did I interrupt you?"

"Oh no. In fact, I was hoping you would come see me while Star and Marco were out." Glossaryck said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Say, Dia... Have you ever wanted to do magic?" Glossaryck asked. His gaze then fell on Star's wand.

"Umm... I don't think Star would appreciate me using her wand." I said.

"You're probably right. You'll need your own." Glossaryck said. With that, he disappeared. I stood there, confused. Then Glossaryck reappeared with a blue baby rattle.

"Wait, Glossaryck... isn't that my baby rattle?" I asked.

"Yes. Blossom." Glossaryck said. A small horse appeared for behind Glossaryck. The horse was a little blue with a purple mane and tail. Purple fur covered the bottoms of its legs. It had a pink flower in its mane and the same kind of print on its flank. Its pupils were stars. "Dia, this is the Millhorse, Blossom. She once served as one of the millhorses for Rhina the Riddled, Star's great-great-great grand mother."

"Nice to meet Dia." Blossom said.

"Hi. Why do you have my old rattle and why are you introducing me to Blossom?" I asked. Glossaryck simply opened the the rattle.

"In you go Blossom." Glossaryck said. She flew inside the rattle and it closed. "Catch." Glossaryck threw the rattle at me. I caught it. Then, it changed into a wand. It was similar to Star's. The grip was gray, the charge port and wand charger were yellow, the bell was lavender circle with light and dark teal pattern in the middle. The crystal was a light blue heart. One the sides were rose pink wings and a pastel orange star-shaped crystal on top the bell.

"Wait wait wait wait... wha- what? Why? How?" I stammered. He levitated the book and flipped to a page that had a caption: How to Levitato.

"Try it out." Glossaryck said. I finally snapped out of the shock.

"Glossaryck! What's going on?" I asked, angry. "Why did you make a new wand? Why are you giving it to me? Why are you wanting me to do magic?"

"I can't tell you that. All I can say is you have to trust me." Glossaryck said. He looked like he wanted to tell me something, but maybe something was keeping him from saying it. I thought for a while and finally I sighed.

"Okay. I trust you." I said.

"Okay. Let's get to practicing." Glossaryck said. He summoned an apple and placed it on the table. "Now, saying the spell and aim." I looked at the book and then at the apple.

"Levitato!" I said. I felt a warmness in my cheeks. A pastel blue beam shot from the crystal and enveloped around the apple. It rose off the bed. I moved my wand around several times, moving the apple around the room. Then I pointed my wand toward me and the apple came to me. I let it drop in my hand and took a bite.

"Nice job. Star hasn't even try doing basic spells like this." Glossaryck said.

"I don't see why. That's probably the easiest spell in the whole book." I said. I picked up the book and started ready from the beginning. After reading Skywynne's chapter, I came across Jushtin's chapter and stared at the picture. He had purple clovers on his cheeks. Purple clovers...

"Dia?" Glossaryck asked. I snapped out of my daze.

"Nothing." I said. I kept reading until I got to the last page of Eclipsa's chapter, Glossaryck unlocked it for me, which was written in some weird kind of language. "What is this? I've seen it in the other chapters."

"That's Low-Mewmian. The old language of the early Mewmans. It's a language that's passed down from mother to daughter of the Butterfly Family." Glossaryck explained.

"I don't suppose you have decoder for this, do you?" I asked. Glossaryck shook his head.

"Even if I did, I can't tell you. You could always ask Star. Just say you were browsing her book and are interested in it." Glossaryck said.

"Maybe." I said. That's when I heard the door open and close, followed by Star and Marco's voices.

"Oh and one more thing." Glossaryck said. He quickly re-locked Eclipsa's chapter and then my wand flew into the book and disappeared. "Best not to let Star know about your wand. If she tells her mother and it gets back to the High Commission..." I looked at him as his sentence drifted off. "Let's just keep this a secret between us." I nodded. I went downstairs to talk to Marco and Star.

Glossaryck's Pov

I watched as Dia went down the stairs. I don't know if she saw the cheekmarks that appeared, but I did. They're the same as before. She's just as powerful as before too. Just from casting the Levitato spell, I can tell that girl has a vast and powerful magic inside her. Let's just hope my meddling children don't catch wind of her. I made a promise to watch out for her when the time came. And the time is almost here.

Thank you all for reading, liking and reviewing this story so far. And thank you so much for your support for my mom. She's been moved to a different hospital and had either her first or second dose of chemo and she's doing better.