Chapter 23 - Workin' Girl

"A job? What for?" he chuckled, and I climbed off his lap to sit with my legs folded across from him on the bed.

"I want to save up for a car." I said calmly. He looked puzzled.

"Why do you need a car?" he asked. He seemed skeptical ever since my last attempt to run away.

"Not to leave or anything, it's just that earlier today Crystal had this really nice car and it reminded me that when I was younger I wanted to get a Tesla when I grew up." I explained.

"I love driving luxury vehicles, and then I could drive to lunch with my friends and stuff like today." I said.

He seemed to be thinking.

"Quincy, I can just buy you a Tesla. You realize anything you want I'll get you?" he smiled.

"I know, but I want to work for it. I want to feel like I earned it." I said.

"I don't know what kind of job you'd be able to get. You're a Luna and I can't have you working in sanitation or the food industry." he scoffed.

"Why not? I wouldn't mind." I smiled, happy that he was considering my proposal.

"You need something that utilizes your skills and talents and pays well. Something professional where you can learn." he said.

Then he got a devilish smile on his face and he looked me up and down.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"You can work here," he said happily, pointing to a decent sized desk in the room outside his office.

"And do what?" I asked.

"You'll be my secretary." he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Dylan, no way." I facepalmed myself.

"Yes way, you can schedule my meetings and file paperwork. And it pays pretty well working directly for the Alpha," he grinned.

"I don't want you to be my boss!" I laughed, scanning the desk. It looked really nice. It had a leather wheely chair and a computer and a bunch of pens and highlighters in a cup.

"Well it's either this or I'll get you a skimpy maid outfit and you can clean our room." he teased. I rolled my eyes and tried not to laugh.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer to him and tilting my chin up to look him in the eye.

"And the best part about this job is, you can come visit me in my office any time..." he growled, and his hand moved down to squeeze my ass. I felt between my legs get tingly and excited at his words.

"Fine. But at work you're not gonna be like this," I said, pushing him away and moving his hand from my ass.

"You're gonna be professional. And I'm gonna get work done and you'll be impressed and give me a raise my first week." I winked.

He chuckled and scanned me up and down.

"You don't want me to touch you, little mate?" he said, inching closer until I was back against the desk. He leaned in and looked me in my eyes, staring into my soul with his beautiful gaze.

I gulped and bit my lip.

"I want this to be a professional workplace environment." I said, pushing him off of me once more.

"Okay. But don't expect me to not at least try to have a little fun with you here. It doesn't have to be all work." he chuckled, and I scoffed.

"You'll work from 8:30 to 6:30 five days a week and you'll be payed $22 an hour." he stated.

"That's $1100 a week," I felt my eyes widen. That was a lot of money. But it was also a lot of time to spend working. Then again, my friends had classes during the day and I'd be able to stay busy here at least.

"Welcome aboard, Quincy. I'm very excited to see your... performance, here." he smirked at me.

This was going to be difficult.