Chapter 1 - The Drunk Guy

"I need you to work the overnight shift," Casper requested. "We're busy tonight."

I looked up at him and sighed.

"Again? I'm working the overnight shift tomorrow." I explained.

"Quincy, you'll need to work the overnight shift or you're not going to have a job. I'm sorry, that's the way it is." he responded. He shrugged and walked off, leaving me to bartend.

That was what it was like being a human in a supernatural world. I was the inferior being, and I was lucky to even have a job.

I worked at a fancy bar/restaurant called Perry's, that a lot of the important higher-ups came to do business at. That, and to drown their thoughts and feelings in cold, hard alcohol. Working overnight shifts at the bar, I saw more of the latter.

A scruffy looking man came in, and sat at the bar stool in front of where I was standing.

"What can I get you?" I asked politely.

"What can't you get me..." he said, staring me up and down.

I scratched my arm uncomfortably. This was not uncommon, in fact, it usually happened at least once a night.

"Drink?" I asked him, trying to stand my ground. He rolled his eyes upon realizing I wasn't interested.

"Just a shot of whiskey." he said.

I turned around and poured the bitter liquid into a shot glass for him.

He poured it all in his mouth at once, wincing when it hit his lips.

"Drink with me, darling." he said, smiling.

"I don't drink on the job." I responded sternly, walking to the end of the bar to grab another customer a refill.

"Just a shot. It'll make your night a hell of a lot less boring." he tried to convince me.

I poured myself a shot of vodka and frowned at the man.

"Not for you, for me. I could stand a little more tolerance for tonight." I explained, swallowing the burning shot.

My stomach felt hot and I wiped my forehead. The man smiled at me.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"Quincy. You?" I responded.

"I'm Alex. I'm the Beta of the West Moon Pack." he said, a cheeky smile forming in the corner of his lip.

I wasn't impressed. I met Betas every day, most of the higher-ups were arrogant, and Alex was far too stuck up for what pack he represented. The West Moon Pack was probably one of the smallest sections.

I turned to grab another refill and he gripped my wrist, pulling me back.

"Take another shot, loosen up." he smirked as I squirmed my hand out of his tight grab. His hand reached for my face, and his thumb began tracing my bottom lip.

"I'm not interested." I respond, trying to be polite, though my patience is running thin at this point.

"Come on, don't be a tease." he said, pulling me towards him.

"Seriously, get your hands off of me!" I shouted. He looked surprised.

"Fine." he let go of my hand and stood up, exiting the bar. Thank God.

The rest of the night went by slowly. Casper was mistaken about the amount of customers. I drove myself to my studio apartment and fell asleep almost instantly when I felt my bed covers.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Sorry this chapter was short, the next one will be longer! Thanks for reading💗