Chapter 8 - More Trouble

Madelyn's POV
___________

...dream...

I was walking through a cave. Just an iron pickaxe and torch in my hands. My diamond sword was on its sheath around my waist. It was fragile and I was afraid of it breaking. I really didn't know where I was going. I wore a hooded sweater, the hood covering my ears to prevent detection. The sweater was unzipped because of the intense heat in the cave. I must be close to lava. Anyways, I was just wandering aimlessly, but looking for the one gem everyone wants. Diamonds. Maybe one to repair my sword or two to make a new one. Along the way, I found a dungeon. It was full of zombies. Ugh. I had to avoid that.

As I was creeping by it, one turned towards me. It tilted its head, wondering what I was. It let out a growl. I looked back at it and growled back. Then its expression changed.

"You understand me?" It said.

I jumped back. "You talk?"

"Um, duh! You must be a zombie hybrid."

I shook my head. "No, not really."

"Ok. Maybe someone taught you. Do you know any zombie hybrid Minecraftians by any chance, since you can understand me?"

I shook my head. "No. Not that I know of."

"Oh. I was just asking because your eyes are a different color than the humans I see. I don't tend to attack because I know how defenseless I am without weapons. What are you looking for?"

"Oh, I'm looking to repair my sword." I replied.

"Diamond?"

"Yea. Why?"

"Just wondering."

Then thoughts circled through my mind. "Wait, how do you know about my yellow eyes?"

"It's just different. It's rare. And you look familiar."

"A zombie telling me that I look familiar. Not something you hear every day."

"Yea, true. I rarely ever say that to- look out! Arrow!"

I turned and ducked on instinct. Then I mined a random block of cobblestone, picked it up and threw it at the skeleton shooting. The zombie looked dumbfounded. That's when I realized the sweater was completely off.

"Wolf!" He screamed. "I knew it! Die wolf!"

Next thing I knew, I was running away from a limping horde of zombies. I went through every twist and turn, trying to find somewhere to hide. Then thinking I lost them, I came across something shiny.

There were three diamond ore blocks. Without thinking, I mined them, placed down a crafting table, and used two of them and a stick to make a new diamond sword. I had two swords now. I placed the torch on the wall, pocketed the extra diamond, and put my iron pickaxe on my back. With my left hand I pulled out my other sword to put it to its last few uses before I use my new one. I sheathed the new sword.

Next thing I knew, the zombies finally found me. Their expressions looked different because they saw the diamonds were gone. Wait what!? Why that reason? Doesn't matter. I swung at the zombies with my fragile sword. I heard a crash after I killed one. Shit. It broke, half of it embedded in the zombie's gut and I was holding a broken handle.