Planning

This chapter contains some PTSD

You went to the florist the next day with some of your friends after Jack and Gabriel's announcement.  You clearly needed to organize everything for the few next days to make this wedding great. Jesse puffed out a cloud of smoke, dusting off some of the dirt of his poncho. You raised your eyebrows with a smile, was he trying to hit on someone? Winston removed his glasses to clean them as well, of the dust Jesse just got off him. He huffed a bit but said nothing, Jesse just chuckled with a smirk. Mei followed close behind you, Snowball flying around her. 

"So, what are we goin' to buy for 'em?" You read the lists you've made with everyone. There were a lot of flowers you needed to buy, maybe that's why you were so many to go to the florist.

"Uhm, Ranunculus, Peony, Rose, Hydrangea, Gardenia, Calla Lily, Daisy and Black Tulips. (Yes, the mix may seem weird for those who knows which one goes with which one, but I don't ;-; so yeah, let's say it goes very well together:D) And that's it, then we will have to pay for all the fabrics to cover all the tables and chairs. And get them," You tossed the paper in your pocket. Mei glanced at you quickly.

"Shouldn't we have brought more people?" She questioned, you gave her a nod. 

"You're right, I believe Reinhardt, Mako, Orisa and Aleksandra will join us. And Lena is in backup with one of the Overwatch's vehicle." She made an understanding nod. You arrived in front of the shop, the smells of the flowers calmed you instantly. You smiled then you entered with your friends. The florist greeted you with a smile.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Jesse approached the seller with a smile, placing his elbow on the counter. While he was explaining what everyone needed, you checked the hour meanwhile. You seized your tube of medicine. You swallowed them painfully, Winston glimpsed at the tube. You noticed him, you turned your head then smiled at him. He returned it with kindness in his eyes.

"Let's go, everyone," Jesse warned you. You walked toward the counter to grab as many bouquets your arms could handle. Your friends did the same, even Snowball had been able to place one on its head. You left the shop with a smile. You truly admired the perfumes of the flowers.

You wandered around the city to locate the shop of textiles. Once you found it, you discerned the frame of some of your friends. You were relieved, Lena opened the chest of the car. You placed the bouquets down, greeting her with a quick hug. Reinhardt laughed as he slammed his hand on your back. You almost stumbled on your own feet but Aleksandra helped you to stabilize yourself. You almost lost your grip on the bouquets.

"Wow, hey Reinhardt I'm not so strong," you explained as everyone entered the shop. Reinhardt smiled and he did answer back.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK (Y/N)!" You shook your head. Lena approached the seller just as Jesse did. You were looking through the sheets, they were neat. You actually kind grown fond of them. You wondered if you could buy some of them, but not now. It wasn't the right time. After all, you were here to prepare a wedding. You could always come back here after. Lena whistled to attire everyone's attention. You turned your head and you noticed four giants piles of sheets placed down on a table. You were lucky to have brought so many people with you. 

"Alright, I can put one pile into the car but then the others..." Lena explained while not finishing her sentence with a sheepish smile. Reinhardt laughed as he easily grabbed one pile, Aleksandra did the same. Orisa and Mako shared one pile. Once everyone got everything, you exited the shop.

The sky tainted in warm colours, you wished you could capture this moment  forever. You followed the group with a slow pace, catching every details here and then. You weren't as fast as before, everything went slower and you truly noticed life's beauty since you were out of your prison. It's like you were discovering life again, and this time, you were safe with your friends. But you didn't forget, you weren't invincible. You had to be careful.