Your return

As soon as you landed on the base, you exited the ship quickly. You received some strange glances for some reasons but you ignored them, you just needed to be alone for a moment. But guess you wouldn't.

When Gabriel saw you injured, running down the hallway, he raised his eyebrows. He was quite interested in how you got those injuries and when. He slowly made his way to you with his arms crossed in front of his chest and his mask on him as always. You caught his form in the corner of your eyes so you slowed down your pace. You knew that he wanted to talk with you. You glanced at him, being suspicious now about everything that we could tell you and about anyone. You were going make them believe that you were still trusting them, but in fact, you weren't. Not after what you learnt on this mission. You just couldn't anymore.

You stopped to walk and you waited for Gabriel to come over you. You watched him with sharp eyes as if you wanted to kill someone. That wasn't entirely false. Gabriel easily recognized this glance you had in your eyes. He saw it in many of peoples' eyes, yours was so obvious. It wasn't hard for him.

"Reaper." You said sternly, still looking at him with the same expression. "How did you get all these wounds?" He asked you immediately after. You only growled at his question.

There was only one way to get those injuries. On a mission, Gabriel knew it but he wanted to hear this from you. He didn't hear you were sent on a mission and if it wasn't him that send you on a mission, it was only you. He didn't like this action that could happen, he never liked when something happens in his back but he couldn't lecture at you as well since he did the same when he worked for Overwatch.

"I went on a mission just a few hours ago." You aggrievedly answered avoiding Gabriel's gaze. He raised his brow as he took the presence of anger in your voice. Either you didn't succeed in this mission, which was really rare either you were furious about him or Talon, and that picked up his interest. "Did you learn anything on this mission?" You let a bitter laugh and you shook your head with an almost unseen sad smile. "No," You started "Just a normal mission y'know." You trailed off with your hands in your pockets.

Gabriel stayed suspicious about your answer but he didn't have time to question you about this. "Commander! I need your help!" A recruit shouted from the end of the corridors. Gabriel grumbled some incomprehensible words in Spanish. "I swear if Sombra did something again I'm gonna kill her!" He yelled back to the recruit. You chuckled at this because you knew he wouldn't do this even if he was right. "I'll let you to your business, Gabriel." You told him, and you said his name with happiness? You were indeed, but why him in particular? You got no idea. You were supposed to be mad at him or was it against Talon you had to?

You went to your room with a serious expression. You had to think about this alone, you needed time and explanation but from who? You knew no one could help you but one person, Olivia.

You noticed someone coming and you raised a brow when she had a lab coat on her. You growled in frustration as you started to get used to this whole situation. You knew what she was gonna say. 'Time for the check-up Phantom' You giggled and you shrugged when she came to you. She was about to speak to remind you but you stopped her before she could say anything. "I know, I know. To the laboratory for the check-up, the routine." She nodded quickly before leaving you. You regained your serious expression and you went to the laboratory. You couldn't ask for Olivia's help yet, but you have an idea to get back some of your memories. This check-up wasn't really what you could think about. The scientists will erase your memories to make new ones and let you believe that Talon is your saviour. But to erase your memories, they needed to bring the real one before, for the process to work.

That's when you could gain your memories back and know the truth. When you finished with your thoughts, you arrived at the laboratory where they will brainwash your memories.

You took a deep breath before going inside the lab. It was quite creepy but you had grown with this. You didn't bother to look at the scientists, you immediately went to the examination table and you lied on it. You closed your eyes and you felt the needle in your right arm. You started to get dizzy but you bit your lips to stay awake and aware of what was happening.

Your current memories flashed through your mind until some other memories you never knew about came.

(Y/n) POV

I saw Reaper in front of me, his gunshots pointed at my head. I could clearly say that he never tried to kill me, so what was that? "Goodnight agent." I heard him say before the shot rang. It was black for a moment before I was living another of my memories. I was in a big room, I would even say it was a hall. Then I felt a weight on my back, I suddenly turned my head and I saw D.Va. What the hell was she doing on my back?! WHY WASN'T SHE TRYING TO STOP ME? "SURPRISE (Y/N)!" I listened her shouting at me. All the lights lit up and everyone was smiling in front of me. I raised an eyebrow seeing something like this. "Happy birthday (Y/n)!" They all yelled. I was so shocked to see that. I started to laugh before it was stopped by my tears. I was breathing heavily and I was forced to wake up.

I pulled out the needle of my arm, not even feeling the pain. I touched my face and I felt tears on it. Overwatch actually cared about me... They were saying the truth. "Haha.... Hahahaha!" I put my hand on my face and I kept laughing. All those lies, I couldn't believe how many times and for how long we lied to me. "(Y/n)! What are you doing! You shouldn't have woke up! What did you see?! What do you remember?!" One asked and shouted at me. I got up from the table, shrugging off what he asked to me. I felt sweats on my forehead and I swept them away with my tears that were still on my cheeks. I opened the door but a firm grip on my shoulder stopped me. "What. Did. YOU SEE?!!" I took his hand in mine and I tightly gripped it, making him flinch in pain. "I won't tell you anymore, these are my memories! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO MANIPULATE THEM!" I shouted with rage and hate building inside me.

Talon wasn't going to manipulate me more, I won't be their soldier from now. I needed to get back to Overwatch. (Y/n) (L/n) returned.

-Astarlow