Chapter 12: Fireflies

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The Revolution

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The Revolution

Chapter 12: Fireflies

The U.S Government explained themselves; well Director Edward Truman did all the talking. Apparently they have proof that Monroe launched the nukes. They said they came from Cuba and they've been back on the continent for a while now working their way west. They want to restore order and apparently they had been tracking Titus Andover for over a month which is how they "found" us.

They also call themselves Patriots.

Yep you read right; Patriots.

That lunatic was right and the Patriots are succeeding in fooling everyone and framing Bass for the nuclear bombs; of course I'm not cut up about that part. They're also keeping us locked up to "protect us" against Titus's remaining men, no one's allowed to leave the gates well aside from the Patriots.

"What's going on?" I ask as I enter the kitchen; avoiding looking at Miles. They look like they are wrapping up what looks like an intense conversation.

"Nothing," Miles replies.

"You were talking about the Patriots right? Don't look so surprised you did mention Randal Flynn called himself a patriot after he fired the nukes, before he blew his brains out. I mean it's their timing and locking us up in here. They're obviously up to no good."

"I keep forgetting you're smarter than you look," Miles teases but I don't even glance at him.

"Do they know you were at the tower with Randal?" I look between Rachel and Erin.

"You're really going to ignore me?" Miles asks, but I don't move an inch.

"We'd be dead if that was the case," Rachel answers.

"Well I'm glad you are up on your feet," I smile at Rachel. She was shot with an arrow by one of Titus's men and has been sleeping it off for the past three days. They even patched up Miles's hand and put it in a cast.

"Thank you; it's good to be on my feet."

Being out in the open is exactly what I need.

"Hey beautiful," I gently stroke Prancer's smooth skin.

"How long are you going to ignore me for Ade?" Miles appears out of nowhere; nearly giving me a heart attack, but I don't look at him.

"Do you hear something Prancer?"

"I'm sneaking out to check on Titus's camp. Are you coming or not? I know you want to stretch your legs."

Miles is right. Don't get me wrong; I like being a part of the community but I also like getting out every now and again and I hate being a prisoner and told what I can and can't do. I've had enough of it.

"Fine but I still think you're an asshole."

"Okay," Miles starts to lead the way and I follow.

The town is alive with laughter and music. The patriots are trying to win everyone over by having a Halloween celebration for the children, complete with food and sparklers for the kids.

Yeah right, nice try assholes.

"I think they're lying about Titus's men."

"They probably are; they're up to something."