CHAPTER 5- BYE, MY LOVE

Dedicated to Kayla as she likes my poem (Tragedy at the Cliff). There is a little piece of me in this chapter being a poet. Hope you'd read this one! Loveyou bestfriend! :*

*A/N: Thinking of having a special chapter after this. A short epilogue may be. So guys! Thank you for reading Angel's Breath! I'm so honored to have such awesome readers who supported me all the way. To those who fanned me and showered my chapters with the most flattering comments ever! Pardon me for the very late updates. Message me if you want to ask something or just open up a little chat! Again, Merci Beaucoup!

Chapter 5- Bye, My Love.

Coughing blood is worse.

But you know what? Vomiting blood 9 times a day makes it totally enough. I've gone through several Radiation and chemo therapies. So many pills I have to take.

So many days i haven't seen her.

Isn't so crazy to say that I worry for her rather than I worry for myself? Call me a fool but I think I have fallen for her.

I was never the one who believes at love at first sight But, it just fits everything. I've tried to control myself but I can't take this anymore.

Most especially, now that...

I only have seven days to live.

I knew I would reach this phase of my life. That everything will come to an end, sooner or later.

But, I learned how to be brave. Carmine taught me that being strong is the best thing I can do for myself. And so, I will be. As long that I breathe, there's hope. Of course! There's still hope left.

For the last seven days of my life.

Or maybe earlier than that. But, let's just be realistic. I still have to face the end. I mean, within that seven days, it's only I die or I die.

So I'm doing myself a favor. All I needed was for Carmine to show up any time in this day or tomorrow only. For I'm doing the best and the braviest thing a man can do.

To stand up and confess your feelings in front of a girl. I may not get the response that I should be asking but I just wanted to let her know that she helped me get through this difficult part of my life. Most of all, I felt love for the first time. I felt what true love is all about.

I want to die a happy man.

Right now, I'm staring at the moon on a cold-breezed summer night. With my back leaning at the headboard and my legs resting straight as I was on a siting position, I'm holding a paper. There inscribed a poem I did myself. It was all about my life. My love. My loss. Here in this paper, I poured all the things I kept for as long as I've been living. Here, was a letter of goodbye. A farewell, a thank you, and a love letter to my dear Carmine.

I glanced at the clock which shows it's past 2:30 in the early morning. Before I leave this world which I know can happen anytime, I prayed.

I prayed to God that I am willing to be with him if that was what He had planned for this life of mine. I thanked Him that even though I've suffered my fair share of how life can be totally unfair, he gave me someone to make me understand them. I asked God to guide all of those who has been a part of my life and give them the strength they needed to face life's challenges. I even told Him what I felt about Carmine. It's like sharing a secret to a friend. And before I ended my prayer, I asked God to guide Carmine for me. I wished her all happiness and to find someone who won't leave her side 'til her last breath.