𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The problem with being a resident is you feel crazy all the time

The problem with being a resident is you feel crazy all the time. You haven't slept in years. You spend everyday with people in massive crisis. You lose your ability to judge what's normal, in yourself or anyone else. And yet people are constantly asking you to tell them how they're doing. How the hell are you supposed to know? You don't even know how you're doing.

Anastasia had been stuck in the clinic all morning dealing with minor cases and was ready for her shift in the clinic to be over or for one of the patient's to have an inoperable brain tumor just so she could get back to actually doing work.

Fortunately for the patients no one had an inoperable tumor, no matter how hard Ana had wished for it. The day was dragging in for her but she was just glad to be back in the main hospital. She was walking to grab a snack from the vending machine when she saw a familiar face.

"Dr. Mark Sloan. I used to be a patient of his." She heard the woman tell the nurse at the desk.

Ana got closer and approached the familiar woman. "Rebecca?"

When she had confirmed it was her, she quickly pulled her to the side. "Where have you been? Izzie has been going out of her mind trying to contact you."

"Hi, Anastasia." Rebecca replied. "What does she want?"

"Well, first of all, she thinks you're not pregnant and that you're trying to trap Alex into being your baby daddy."

"Trap him? Are you out of your mind?" She asked Ana. "I want him involved and I am pregnant."

"Okay so you won't mind if I run another test, just to be sure."

"I'm pregnant, and that's a good thing because I want this baby. I've always wanted a baby."

"Rebecca, you have a baby." Ana told her, slightly confused.

"Of course I do. I mean I want another one." Rebecca corrected herself.

Anastasia had a concerned look on her face which the woman noticed.

"Do the stupid test again. It'll be fine. And I need to see Dr. Sloan. Can you help me with that?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do." Ana told her and walked away.

☤☤☤

Anastasia had ran the tests on Rebecca and was now looking for Alex. She had caught up to him as he was walking down the stairs in the stairwell.

"Alex!" She called out and he stopped walking and turned around. "Can I talk to you about Rebecca?"

This made him start walking again. "Busy."