𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

in life only one thing is certain, apart from death and taxes: no matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions, you are going to make mistakes

in life only one thing is certain, apart from death and taxes: no matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions, you are going to make mistakes. you're going to hurt people. you're going to get hurt. and if you ever want to recover, there's really only one thing you can say... forgive and forget. that's what they say. it's good advice, but it's not very practical. when someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back. when someone wrongs us, we want to be right. without forgiveness old scores are never settled. old wounds never heal, and the most we can hope for is that one day we'll be lucky enough to forget.

anastasia ran her hands through her hair as she looked through a patient's chart but she was quickly distracted by the sound of her interns gossiping.

"this isn't a catch up over coffee." the resident snapped, quickly growing annoyed at her interns and the day had barely started. "why the hell are you gossiping about dr. torres anyways?"

"i heard her and dr. stevens are fighting at noon." one of the two male interns spoke up.

she laughed at his response and shortly stopped after she realised he was being serious. "what?"

"yeah, in the cafeteria at noon." he told his resident and she made a quick mental note to talk to callie before noon as the interns went back to chatting to each other.

"enough! like i said this isn't the time for gossiping, go run labs on mr. matthews." she ordered and the two interns hurried off to do what they were told.

ana shook her head and handed the chart to a nurse and began heading towards the nurses station.

"hey." she spoke as she approached the nurses station, seeing mark standing there writing in some charts.

he looked up from his charts and at the shorter girl. "hey."

she leant against the station and let out a groan, "i hate you." she mumbled.

"what did i do?" he questioned, slightly confused as he continued writing in his charts.

"i'm not on your service, that's what. i'm stuck in the pit." she complained making him chuckle.

"sorry, kid."

she let out another groan at the nickname he had called her, making him chuckle again.

"dr. sloan," meredith called out as she and norman approached the two, "dr. norman shales."

"oh, dr. shakes call me mark." he greeted the intern with a handshake.