36. dresses

before I knew it, we were stepping into our tour bus. I haven't seen Lucy since we saw each other again but she hasn't left my mind since. She was already on the bus and was sitting on the table wearing a navy blue dress, I've never seen her in dresses as much as I have the last two times I've seen her. "well it's about time!" she jumps off the table "I've been here for an hour" my eyes rake up and down her body "we were waiting on slow-mo here" daniels nudges Zach "hey! let a man get his beauty rest" she laughs and covers her mouth with her hand, she used to only do that in the presence of people she wasn't fully comfortable with.

"well boys, Lucy gets the bunk in the back of the bed all by herself. she's a girl and deserves her own space" jack jokingly groans and the boys laugh. she walked to the back of the bus quickly and jumped on the bed facing us. her legs dangled as she sat on the bed with a wide smile. I chose the first bunk the farthest away from her, Daniel and jack got the closes too her. jack and the rest of the boys piled into her room and sat down waiting for our manager to speak. I stood beside him by the door, directing my attention away from Lucky.

"we will make a stop in each city, every 100 miles we will stop for gas but you're allowed an hour break to explore but you must be back quickly because we don't have lots of time. you have 2 days between each city. one day to drive and one day to explore and to have our show. Any questions?" he waits a second before smiling then nods "do we get time to meet our fans?" her voice was low and oddly sweet, he nods "before and after yes!" I can almost see her smile. "that's all?" he waits a second "great!" he puts his hand out and all of us join his, my hand lightly touched Lucy and I almost had a heart attack "why don't we & Lucy on 3" we nod and share glances with one another "1, 2, 3, Why. Dont. We. and Lucy" we cheer, he claps and waves good bye before walking up from to talk to the bus driver.

Jack stands up and opens the blinds letting a lot of light in, "that's better" Lucy slips off the bed opening the other blinds then turning of the dim light "much better" I kept my eyes on her longer than I should, I only realized how long when she met my eyes. I quickly turned away, I hear her shuffle then she came up besides me. she slowed down while she walks past, she went into the bathroom and came back out a few seconds later. I wanted to ask why but I kept my mouth shut.

"you know Lucy, you got it nice back here" corbyn says, she stops in the doorway only a feet or 2 away from me, she looks around "yeah I do, but you guys don't have to worry about periods" jack chuckles "but we have to worry about you on YOUR period" I let out a chuckle, she looks down at me quickly with a smile "I'm not that bad!" she looks at Daniel, "she's right, she could be worse" Zach and jack laugh, corbyn shakes his head "respect the lady before she strangles you in your sleep" Lucy covers her mouth "oh my" she laughs and my stomach flops. "I could never" Daniel laughs and hold his stomach "she WILL kill us" Lucy shakes her head "should I?" the room goes silent as she narrows her eyes and looks at each one of us. I could feel the boys begin to fumble before letting out laughter.

"WE'RE LEAVING?!" the bus driver says and Lucy quickly gets on the bed, I could tell she was nervous. "I'm ready for a nap" corbyn yawns, Lucy perks up "you're joking?" corbyn shakes his head "I need some beauty sleep, don't have too much fun without me" he walks to his bunk getting inside. Lucy gets up and grabs something from her bag "I'll be right back" she quietly runs to the bathroom. "she's really pretty" Zach whispers, I turn my head towards him without realizing the roughness "what" Zach eyes widen, I shake my head "nothing" I turn back to look at my hands pretending like what Zach said didn't make me even a sliver of jealous. "she is, but don't get any ideas!" jack whispers back, Daniel sighs "both of you shush! Lucy is your friend" Zach scoffs "you mean she's yours" I turn my head "she isn't anyone's, she isn't an item. now shut up and keep your dick in your pants" Zach looks at me with a shocked expression. I hear the door open and turn away pretending like what just happened didn't happen.

She walked out wearing a huge hoodie and shorts, my heart aches when I noticed it was my old hoodie I gave her years ago. I watched her walk down the aisle and she looks up at me and I almost caught a glimpse of what looked like she knew what she was doing to me. when she got closer I turned my head and forced myself to look out the window. "nice outfit change" Daniel jokes "yeah, I was tired of wearing the dress. dresses aren't my thing. I just wear them to feel pretty" my heart sinks, does that mean she doesn't feel pretty without one? "you're beautiful regardless" Daniel soothes, jealousy made my blood boil but then I remembered my own words. "thanks Daniel" I stand up from the bed "I think I'm gonna go lay down" I glanced at everyone before walking away. "bye" she says quietly. I listen to the 4 of them talk for a few minutes before forcing myself to sleep. it's only gonna get harder from here on out to be with her. I need to find a distraction, something or someone to keep my mind from wandering back to her.

💭

I'm a bad author I'm sorry

I'll try to update more

ily<3

the passing of Cameron Boyce has taken a large toll on me