Ch 6 Three Months

Jackson POV

It's been three months since I was expelled. And I'm so glad I was. I love working in the smithery, and I get to make my own projects.

Currently I'm in the foundry, shirtless as I've come to know is easiest to work, heating up an old sword to remake some other materials

"First Order!" Uncle Laffe yells for me.

I step away to walk to him. Nearing him, he slides in a dolly. On the dolly is various weapons, each I've had experience with. "They left a note for you." Laffe states handing me the note.

Dear Jackson, Hi it's me Ruby! We've been pretty busy so I'm sorry we haven't been able to visit! Unfortunately my team over heard me talking to JASR, and asked if I could bring their weapons to the blacksmith and joined me.

Sincerely, Ruby Rose and JASR

P.S. Liz said hi

"I'd help but I got an order to make a battle axe rocket launcher"

Grinning I look up to Uncle Laffe "I'll get right on to this." He leaves before waving.

Taking a look at the first weapon on top was Myrtenaster, which was incredibly dull and had its dust primer damaged.

Walking over to a box, I open it to grab a sharpening stone. Setting Myrtenaster down on, I begin to slide the stone along the blade. After it's sharp enough, I begin to set out some materials for the primer.

Taking a look at the next weapon, which was Ember Celica. It's paint job was scratched, other than that it was in near perfect condition.

Grabbing a paint can and brush, I begin to paint over the scratches, adding a few details of black, like Yang's emblem.

Setting Ember Celica down to dry I grab Crescent Nightshade and Gambol shroud, I notice a common problem. Neither were sharp enough.

So I begin to sharpen all three weapons with separate stones. Gambol Shroud's ribbon was literally hanging on by a thread, so grabbing a new black ribbon I begin to tie the ends together. Crescent Nightshade however, had a different problem. A very annoying one. It needed to be oiled. It squeaked when transforming.

Setting aside a vat of oil, I take two ropes tying each to a handle and set both guns into the vat.

"That leaves... Crescent Rose. A beautiful weapon. It's blade, is dented, needing to be replaced. The scope is cracked. This is gonna be short and simple." I state while pulling out the new primer and setting it inside Myrtenaster.

Removing the blade and scope was the difficult part. Grabbing the nearest and smallest hammer I begin to break off the scope. With a thin piece of iron, I slide it inside between the middle blade and yank, Breaking off the blade, and tossing the piece of metal away. I grab a new blade, and begin to sharpen it.

Once sharpened I slide the new blade into the old slot, and weld them together.

"DONE!" I yell out for Uncle Laffe, who comes in with a large smile.

"Well done. They're here to pick their weapons up, then use the Range and Dummies to test their weapons."

"Alright. I'm gonna add the armor to the clothes you got me. Is that fine with you?" I ask while pulling out some plates of armor.

"Of course, I would've done the same if I knew how you were... well built." He grins.

"Alright."

He smiles one last toothy smile and leaves, shutting the door behind him.

I look through the available Pauldrons, seeing two that caught my eyes. Not deciding I chose both, one was a simple dome shape which I sprayed a wyvern symbol on, the other was pointed outwards, with a slight divot, where a second was underneath. Sowing both of these into the tailcoat was difficult.

I also sowed in two vambraces That were spartan in origin, with delicate painting on them. I look at my Uncle's most recent gift, Dad's Chest plate.

Deciding to not tamper with the gift yet. I started looking in a mirror I noticed that I was very different from how I was in Beacon.

I held a more lean build compared to the lackluster build that was my old self. The cuts Jaune made healed leaving a scar near my temple and own on my lip. Rubbing my jaw I felt the now visible five o'clock shadow.

Moving to grab my most recent project, a long barreled revolver. It bared the Wyvern wing on both sides, painted in red. Near the end of the barrel was the wyvern head, its jaw opened to breath fire.

Setting it on a table, I wrap it's holster around my waist through the belt loops, and holster the revolver. Picking up the box of rounds I walk to the range.

Upon arriving I set the box down, loading three bullets, and aim. Taking a deep breath, and pulling the trigger.

The round itself is buried into the target, where the chest would be. I'm not a crack shot or anything but, that shot would kill.

"Recoils massive, test is done. I'll need to decrease its recoil before trying it again."

I walk back into the foundry, setting the revolver onto the table. Removing the grip, and looking through a different variety of grips. Pulling the rubber SDC grip out and attaching it to the revolver.

"I'll test it later. But for now, I should get to work on a new weapon." I state, mostly to myself.

Grabbing two old katana blades and a sheath, I began to work. Cutting one katana in half, hollowing the other out. Adding pieces to the sheath, including a dust reactor.

"Nephew!" Uncle Laffe calls out

"Yea!" I yell back

"The Customers tested their weapons and would like a word!" He yells back.

Did I mess something up?

Walking out and opening the door I interrupt a conversation

"Why can't we just go back there? I want to personally thank him"

"Yang just be patient!" Weiss states

"You called Uncle Laffe?" I ask

Everyone's look goes to me. No one could recognize me. No one other than her.

Ruby runs up to hug me. "Thank you so much! I was so worried about you!" Grinning before hugging her back

"Worried about little ol' me?" I respond with a grin. "How'd I do on the weapons?"

"Outstanding!" Weiss says
"Perfect" Blake says looking up from her book
"Amazing" Yang states looking at the design

The other two nod questioningly
"You did absolutely amazing" Ruby says before walking back to her friends.

"So are you gonna introduce us to your boyfriend, Ruby?" Yang asks with a smile.

Uncle Laffe smiles, before bursting into a hardy bellow. I was a blushing mess, rubbing my neck.

Ruby was blushing as dark as I was.
"W-We ar-aren't dating! Y-Yang this is Jackson." She says before looking at me.

Yang had stared at me for a good few minutes.

"H-Hey Yang..." I state nervously.

"Jack... I'm so sorry... I didn't know that would happen, if I did know they planned that I would've told you and... and I'm so sorry for being apart of ruining your dream.." Yang says quickly.

This caught me off guard. I would've never expected this from her of all people.

"I deeply apologize for treating you the way I did, news had just gotten out that I was a faunas so I went to blame anyone I could" Blake followed up.

Looking towards Weiss, who rose her chin up and looked away from me. Oh well never liked her anyways.

"And when Ruby said that she knew where you could be, I wanted to things right." Yang continues.

"It's quite alright. I really enjoy it here. You guys wanna see the foundry?" I ask with a genuine smile.

Ruby nods. Taking a look at my Uncle, who nods in return before saying something I would never have expected from him.

"Just make sure to clean up the orgy afterwards." He grins before opening the door to the foundry