Ch 5 Hey Uncle

Jackson POV

She looks dejectedly at the ground, "why are you even expelled?"

"Ask CFVY." I state as the bullhead begins to start up. "I'm sorry Ruby... but it's time for me to go."

She rushes up and gives me hug, before reluctantly releasing me and giving me a wave.

"Goodbye Ruby" I say as the door slides closed.

The bullhead begins its leave towards the city, where I'll be from now on. Reaching into my pocket, I grab my scroll and headphones before playing Impossible.

Arriving shortly after listening to around five songs, I take the step off the bullhead. First step to a new life.

Looking around I spot a crosswalk, and begin the mini walk to my Uncle's Blacksmith. Arriving I see his shop with a sign saying Laffe Rusts' Smithery

Walking inside I see my uncle, Laffe. His hair was true to his name, a lavaish color. His eyes were a dark grizzly brown. He had a beard, and slight mustache. Along his face was a scar above his temple, much like the one I'll have.

He wore a brown, burnt apron over a black shirt. He had fingerless gloves on. That's all I could see with him grinning behind the counter before running and giving me a bear hug, lifting me up off my feet

"Missed you too Uncle Laffe." I said before hugging him back, he set me down and gave a quick look at me.

"You've grown taller! Come, Follow me!" He said before turning and gesturing for me to follow.

I followed with a smile. He had always been able to lift my spirits. "I had this prepared for when you arrived," he said before we made it to the back room.

Around was various tools, and tables. A few weapon castings, three different hammers, a large hole with a bit of fire dust.

"Your very own foundry. A place where you can work on your personal projects. Or if you want, you can help make money here." He states with a grin.

I give him another hug before walking over to the castings. Cycling through them I spot various different weapons. He taps my shoulder, to which I turn around and see him holding out a new outfit for me.

I set it out to look at it. It was a crimson Tailcoat, a black undershirt, a pair of black jeans, and red sneakers. There was a holster set and a few different sheaths.

"Uncle Laffe, I don't know what to say..." I begin before turning back to my uncle and giving the large man a hug.

He returns it with a smile. "We should probably get ready for tomorrow. You'll start working then."

"Alright, love you Uncle." I state while pulling out some different papers

"You too Jack."

I begin writing a set of blueprints for a new weapon. Taking a look at the castings I had a variety of options.

Looking around I had a variety of weights. "Looks like it's time to get to work"