~5~

Alex

I've been impatiently waiting for the end of school since lunch, my wolf wagging her tail like an excited puppy. I usually do look forward to the end of school, but today it's for an entirely different reason.

I'll have uninterrupted alone time with my mate, in my truck...however long that may be. I'll also find out where she lives, which will be good to remember when we more than likely end up having projects together.

Damn, it doesn't take much to make me happy anymore...but who the hell cares?

I look up from my canvas to see Cece working intently on hers, our first art project being a landscape painting using at least seven different colors. I don't know what hers is yet, but I know it's going to look amazing considering she's a stickler for details. I would've preferred to do a splatter painting, nut since it has to be a specific place I chose to do one of the lake that's in my pack territory, my favorite place to visit and swim to cool off in the heat.

Somewhere I want to take Cece one day.

~We should go for a swim today, and a run.~ Roxy says, and I agree. It's been too long since we went there.

The bell rings, and I quickly pack up my things. I haven't finished drawing the outline for mine yet, but I can finish it at home. Throwing my bag over my shoulder, I look up to see Cece still caught up in her work.

"Cece, the bell rang." I say, going around the circular table. But she's very focused on her work, so she doesn't respond.

"Cece?" I say again, no response. Chuckling, I stop behind her and look over her shoulder to see her outline, and I'm impressed.

 Chuckling, I stop behind her and look over her shoulder to see her outline, and I'm impressed

It's obviously a beach, but I'm not sure which one. The line work is beautiful, and I'm sure it will be even better once it's painted.

"That looks beautiful Cece, where is that?" I whisper as I lean down to her ear and place a hand on her shoulder, and she jumps to my delight...her face flushing that adorable red.

"Oh it's...it's Emerald Isle, in North Carolina. It's where I used to live before moving here." She murmurs.

"I like it, you like the water?"

"Yes, it was my favorite place there." She murmurs, and it only makes me more excited about showing her the lake...and the huge swimming pool in my backyard. I love to swim.

"Considering the bell rang four minutes ago, perhaps we should get going?" I ask, and she looks around at the empty room in shock.