Cahapter 2 Party Part 2

I saw Jessica in all her nastiness. lol nastiness. 

"Yes got a problem with that?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

"Not at all, just wondering how you and miss prissy got to be seniors is all." Jessica said looking back

in-forth between Riley and me.

"It's called being a genius," Riley retorted glaring at her as if she could burn holes through her.

"Come on Ri," I grabbed Riley's hand and dragged her back into the house and up into our hiding spot

"You can't let her get to you." I said looking up at the night sky.

"I know, it's just you let her say all these horrible things to you and you don't do anything about it." Riley

said frustrated coming over to the balcony. Yes our hiding spot is a balcony, everything important here

happened, the first was declaring to be best friends/sisters forever.

"I don't do that, who do you think does all that things that make her life 'horrible'." I said putting air

quotes on horrible.

"No way, you? Wow never knew you hadn't in you." I glared at her after she said that.

"Your terr-" I was cut off by Riley.

"Look a shooting star," she pointed to the sky where a star or what ever was heading strait to our

pond.

"It's going to land in the pond." When I said that it did actually land in the pond.

"Come on, I want to see." With that we both ran down the stairs to the side door to get to the pond.

Riley~

We made it to the pond and I could just barley see steam rising from a part on the surface where it had hit.

The squirrels and birds were chattering up a storm about. I kept hearing the phrases "Great Light!" and "Don't touch, Hot!"

There was an iridescent green glow towards the shallow end of the pond. I grabbed two sticks from the ground and rolled up my pant legs. Wading into the water, I reached out with both sticks and dragged at the glowing thing. The water was warm, but cooling fast.

Once I got the meteorite to the really shallow water, I noticed that the water wasn't steaming anymore. So, like a blonde, I assumed it would be cool enough to touch because it was a small meteorite and it wasn't glowing anymore.

I reached for the smooth, green, gem-like stone.

"Shiz!" I jerked my hands and the stone went into the air. I shook my fingers out. "That's hot!"

"Really? It feels cool to me..." Zoe was holding it up to the sky, looking at it. "It's really pretty..."

" That's werid,"
 I mumbled and turned my attention to the small brown and yellow ball of fur bounding towards me.
"Lucy! How'd you get out of the house!?"
"Mammy took me to pee and I wanted to see you, so I pulled fast on the leach and came to you!" My beagle was trailing a blue leash behind her as she ran up to me.
"Hold me! Save me from the demon cat! She scratched me!"
    I held my arms open just in time for her to land in them. She licked my face and muzzled my cheek.
"Were you trying to play with sophie?"
"Yes! Then she scratched me!" My little beagle pouted.
    I sighed. "I've told you that Sophie doesn't play, Lucy. We'll talk about this later."
   I looked back towards Zoë's house where our party was and decided I didn't want to go back in there. I had to get Lucy home anyway. She wouldn't do well at a party. She'd get stepped on.
Besides, I had to sort out the issue between my mom's cat and my begale.
"Hey Z," I turned to her
"Yeah?" She was still looking at the stone.
"Can I see it?" I shifted the dog to one arm and held out my hand.
"Sure," she dropped it into my hand.
"Shiz!" I dropped it and shook my hand out again.
"It's still hot! You must have an affinity for space things."
"I guess," she said, picking it back up.
"Hey, there's a hole through it towards the top. I think I'll thread a chain through and make it a necklace."
"It'll look good on you," I finalized our unsaid agreement that she could have it. She looked so fascinated by it thay I couldn't ask for it even though I'm the one that got it out of the pond.
"Thanks," she smiled and really looked at me.
"No problem. Hey, is it okay with you if I go home. I know I was going to stay, but I'm tired and I need to sort out this stuff," I pointedly looked down at Lucy.
"I need to take her home."
"Oh, okay. Yeah, it's fine." She glared at her house.
"I'll be sure to spill something on Jessica."
"Make sure it's something sticky!" I encouraged her.
"I love you, my dear sister from another mister!"
"I love you too, best friend." She waved as I started the walk across her property to mine.

~Zoë~
I watched as Riley as she went with her beagle, one day I hope Sophie teaches her a lesson. The animals were still chatering about the stone being hot and how I must be magic to be able to touch it. When Riley was out of my sight I started towards the house sliding the once glowing, but now regular green stone into my bra. Once I got back to the house I took four Monsters, three juices and two cans of cola mixed them together in a pitcher and went up stairs to the railing and waited for Jessica to come stand under which she did thanks to Ali.(Allisa) I poured it on her screamed to Loki to kick everyone out and went to my room.

(10 Minutes later)
There was a knock on my door.
"What?" I asked loudly.
"Can I come in?" Loki's voice came through the door.
"Sure," I said sitting up on my bed. He came in with an angry look. "What?" I said innocently.
"What!? What!? Is all you can say! You spilt your weird mix on Jess, and you have the decency to say what," Loki shouted while moving his hands around. "Also you made me kick those people who came to your party."
"Well those people were more your friends then mine Lok," I sighed laying back down. "Just go I'm tired and don't feel like talking goodnight." With that I got up shoved Loki out, shut off my light and went to bed.