Chapter 9: Lacey Viviano

DANI’S P.O.V.

                “Are you sure? What if you have another nightmare?” Harry asked, for about the billionth time, I was currently in the bathroom, already in my pajamas trying to wash my face and reassure Harry, who was standing outside the door, that everything was going to be alright and that I can handle it. He wasn’t buying it. Ever since I talked to him last night, he’s been kind of more….protective over me. It’s kind of weird, but either way, I feel safe. I nodded my head, unable to speak around the suds on my lips.

                He sighed “Fine.” Still not leaving the entrance to the bathroom, he watched me as I ran a brush through my tangled hair. As I was brushing my teeth, I started feeling kind of weird. Harry had me under this…intent watch. Okay, he obviously didn’t believe I could handle myself. I continued brushing my teeth as I walked around him, doing some sort of weird dance around the room as I maneuvered the brush around my mouth. Harry was still watching me, I sighed-well, as much as I could, seeing as my mouth was filled with toothpaste. I jogged to the bathroom and rinsed my mouth out, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand as I turned towards Harry.

                “If it makes you feel any better, I’ll let you sleep on the floor again.” I whispered quietly, not wanting to make the atmosphere awkward, but wanting to get my point across. I looked up to meet eyes with Harry, his face was ecstatic, a small blush forming on his cheeks as he nodded.

                “That’ll help.” He agreed as he ran out of the room, probably to grab some pillows and blankets. I laughed to myself; this boy is really amusing and has been NOTHING but a fantastic friend to me. As I waited for Harry to return, I pulled out my iPhone, still slightly confused on how it worked, I managed to get the ear buds in and get the iPod. I searched through the album covers until I came across one with the boys’ faces on it. Smiling to myself, I put the album on shuffle and climbed into bed. Liam’s sweet voice rang though my ears as I smiled at Harry, walking in with arms filled with blankets.

                “I tried playing it cool,

                But when I’m looking at you,

                I can’t ever be brave,

                ‘Cause you make my heart race.” Harry finished making up his temporary bed and plopped down on the bed next to me, taking an earbud out of my ear and popping it in his ear and smiling at my song choice and singing along for his verse.

                “Shot me outta the sky,

                You’re my kryptonite

                You keep making me weak,

                Frozen and can’t breathe” He sang softly, probably not wanting to wake up the others in the house. Well except for Louis, he told us he was going to find this ‘Kevin’ because, and I quote ‘the little mother fluffer needs his dose of carrots’. Yes, he actually said mother fluffer.

                “Something’s gotta give now

                 ‘Cause I’m dying to make you see

                That I need you here with me now,

                ‘Cause you’ve got that one thing” Zayn’s voice was absolutely amazing as he sang, Harry humming softly next to me. The song continued into the chorus and went through all the songs until they were repeating themselves. I’m not sure if Harry left the spot next to me or not, but by the time I noticed, I was too tired to care. I slowly drifted off to sleep, listening to the soothing voices of One Direction.