Chapter 8: Jam Session

DANI’S P.O.V

                I navigated my way around the mess of shopping bags outside the door to my room. Wait, this couldn’t be ‘my room’ they boys wouldn’t have gotten a room with a random extra bedroom. UGH! I’m so stupid! This was probably someone else’s room that they gave up for me. Great, now I feel terrible for taking someone’s room. Just fantastic. I opened the door and held it open with my foot while I grabbed a fist-full of colorful shopping bags and slipped through the door, letting it slowly close behind me. I didn’t even bother turning on the light as I dropped the bags except for the two drugstore ones and carried them to the bathroom. Basically, they consisted of Shampoo, Conditioner, a toothbrush, Eyeliner and such as well as some…er… ‘Feminine products’.  Words cannot describe how awkward it was to buy these with Louis constantly pointing out all the boxes that were sparkly and not failing to draw attention to himself as he read the instructions out loud. Ugh, I’m never going there again.

                I just kind of left my stuff in the bathroom; I only have two bags, so I’ll just put it all away when I take a shower tonight or something. I walked out of the small bathroom and back into the bedroom, I stumbled around and let my hand drag along the wall in search of a light switch. Once I found it I fumbled around until the brilliant light lit up the room. I was about to grab some more shopping bags but my eyes locked on a large black case. I slowly walked up to it, not believing what I was seeing. A little piece of paper was rested on the top of the case and my name was scrawled in messy writing.

                Dani,

                I know you really liked this guitar, so I bought it for you. I hope you like it. Please don’t kill me.

                Haz xxx

                “HARRY!” I shouted. I’m not sure whether or not it was an angry shout or just… a shout. I mean, I was kind of angry that he spent 300 pounds on a guitar for a girl that he’s known for a day, but at the same time I was kind of flattered for all the same reasons. Yup. Another regular inner debate. I swiftly walked out of the bedroom and into the living room, well, almost. I ran smack into a hard wall, typical me. I put my hands out in front of me to steady myself. I was about to keep walking away from the wall to go yell at Harry but I soon realized the wall was moving up and down rather fast. My eyes moved up to meet green orbs, sparkling with laughter.

HARRY’S P.O.V.

                I tried to stifle my laughter as Dani ran straight into me, not even realizing that I was a person. My plan failed and I began chuckling which drew her attention and her hazel eyes locked with mine.  I gave her a smile, hoping that she wasn’t planning on tearing out my throat for buying her the guitar. Her eyes narrowed at me. This should be fun.

                “Harry,” she started calmly. Okay, maybe this will go better than planned. “Why did you buy me that?” She asked through gritted teeth. Okay. Yup. She’s Mad.

                I shrugged my shoulders “Uh, ‘cause you liked it?” I said it more like a question. Way to keep your cool, my mind muttered sarcastically. Dani’s eyes softened a little, but she kept a straight face.

                “That’s a stupid answer!” she said, well, she’s still mad I guess. “It cost way too much! Sure, since you’re a big celebrity you have all the money in the world, but in reality, MY reality, that’s way too much and I’ve never actually SEEN that amount of money in my entire life… well, except for on television and stuff…” She trailed off and I had to keep myself from laughing at how easily distracted she was.