3

3

"Guys, I have to tell you something." Kay suddenly bursts.

Tina looks up from the magazine she's so absorbed in and I look up from the book I'm reading.

"What?" I ask, a little apprehensive, tucking my feet under my lap on the couch.

"Well, last night at the party Cooper and I started talking-"

Tina and I both start talking at once, "You talked to Cooper!?-" I shout.

"What did he say?!" Tina cries.

"Listen, we were just talking, and we were kinda sorting everything out. He explained why he was mad at me, and I told him that I hated how we were fighting and then he just leaned down and kissed me, and well, I let him." She finishes softly.

"Whoa. He kissed you." I say in shock.

"Oh my god! You kissed Cooper!" Tina shouts, her blonde straightened hair bouncing with her.

"Kay, your in love with him aren't you?" I ask gently. I always had a feeling. She's known him her whole life after all.

Her head snaps up to look at me immediately. "No I'm not!"

"But Kay, you gave him your first proper kiss."

Kay has theories about only kissing the right guy.

"I know!" She looks like she wants to cry.

"Don't worry," Tee soothes, going over to hug her, "everything will work out."

"Exactly," I add, watching Tina go back to lie on my bed, "Don't worry about the stupid kiss."

"Who kissed who?" Scott barges in, takes one look at Tina, who's lying sprawled on my bed and jumps right on top of her. She squeals. "Get off a me!"

Their noses are touching, "Who kissed who?" he asks again.

She's trying to push him off.

"Nup, not until you say," he smiles.

I look over at Kay and we both laugh.

"Scott! Just get off your so heavy!" Tina whines, her small body trying to push his way bigger one off.

He laughs, "not until you say!"

"Fine," she sighs, "I kissed Evan."

He jumps straight off her, trying not to show any emotion but I can still see the hardness in his face.

She's such a good actor its abnormal.

"Scott?" She asks, confused.

He doesn't answer.

"Scott?" She asks again, this time getting up and walking towards him. "Are you okay?"

He turns as if shocked to see her so close. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She looks at him again undecided before she goes back and resumes her position on my bed. An awkward silence follows.

Kay shrugs at me as if to say, 'let's help her out,' I nod.

"So, everyone's going home this weekend because we have Monday off school." Kay says, sitting on the floor, painting her toenails.

"Really?" Tina asks, flipping through a magazine, trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

"Yeah, Ind, you going home?" Kay asks me.

I shrug, "I don't know..."

"Tina?" Kay asks her.